Post Reply

Question [Q] Has anyone attempted to DEODEX???

OP christiam.coronado

19th March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #1  
christiam.coronado's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Santa Ana (OC)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Has anyone attempted to deodex there stock rom for the g flex??? i just wanted to know if its possible without a boot-loader and recovery. i found multiple links that show its possible and i see one that is pretty easy by using titanium backup. so what do you all think any opinion or suggestion are greatly appreciated.


Titanum back up method: http://androidforums.com/a75-all-thi...eodex-rom.html

other method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2374008

other method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2463405

other method: http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-...stock-rom.html

other method: http://technologic101.wordpress.com/...k-android-rom/

other method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...our-phone.html

other method: http://www.s4miniarchive.com/2013/11...galaxy-s4.html

other method: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...our-phone.html
19th March 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #2  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,874
 
5,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681091

I've done it. The problem is without a recovery we can't just flash this. You could try the titanium method since it would be done right in the phone or if you're in T-Mobile you could adb push my version that I linked

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Worst case just flash to stock and you're good again

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #3  
christiam.coronado's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Santa Ana (OC)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681091

I've done it. The problem is without a recovery we can't just flash this. You could try the titanium method since it would be done right in the phone or if you're in T-Mobile you could adb push my version that I linked

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Worst case just flash to stock and you're good again

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk



thanks for your response i might take a hit at it
23rd March 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
mattwheat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I have the paid version of "Android Tuner" and it has an option to deodex ROM so even with out a custom recovery I did it any way. It worked. I'm deodexed. But I don't honestly see the benefits of it. Since odexed ROMs split the apk into two parts so that only the portion needed to boot with the phone boots, an odexed ROM actually has a faster boot time and from everything I've read can actually perform faster/snappier.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #5  
brittoking's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 348
 
687 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwheat

I have the paid version of "Android Tuner" and it has an option to deodex ROM so even with out a custom recovery I did it any way. It worked. I'm deodexed. But I don't honestly see the benefits of it. Since odexed ROMs split the apk into two parts so that only the portion needed to boot with the phone boots, an odexed ROM actually has a faster boot time and from everything I've read can actually perform faster/snappier.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Android tuner will deodex the entire Rom? Interesting man. I've got the app but I'm wondering what if any benefit I'd get outta the deodex-ing, without custom Roms, recovery, etc that might make more use of the tweak.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brittoking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #6  
christiam.coronado's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Santa Ana (OC)
Thanks Meter: 6
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
i just wanted to see if it was possible without a recovery. i tried the titanium backup method bit it seems that i need the pro version. but android tuner sounds interesting. i might go that route did you have any type of FC or glitches? also i heard deox is great for theming
23rd March 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #7  
kintwofan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irmo, SC
Thanks Meter: 2,874
 
5,044 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiam.coronado

i just wanted to see if it was possible without a recovery. i tried the titanium backup method bit it seems that i need the pro version. but android tuner sounds interesting. i might go that route did you have any type of FC or glitches? also i heard deox is great for theming

That's the main reason to deodex it makes any mod or theme much easier to create and they say it saves space in the system partition as well

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kintwofan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #8  
mattwheat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 295
 
547 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
No I'm not getting any FC's or anything. Runs just as smooth as before. An I'm not sure if ANDROID TUNER has the option in the free version. The paid version is around $8. Def worth it. I use it. To gain entropy a man he read/write cache processor temp. Startup manager and has a huge selection of tweaks to. But the option is under system manager/one clicks then its the top button. (De)odex. Pretty cool app even has an xposed module.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes