Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Want to update but "Your devise have been modified, Software Updates are not avai

OP dummyns1

11th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have samsung galaxy s4, i am new on rooting phone and new on this forum, I rooted my phone about a month ago.. now i want to update my phone from 4.3 to 4,4 kitkat.. what i did is i unroot my phone by unrooting it on SuperSU application.. and after that i try to update my phone and this pops on my screen "Your devise have been modified, Software Updates are not available".. Someone please help me,, I am new at rooting so plss help me..
11th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
actually unrooting phone is not that hard. you'll just have to look for the methods on some other forums, i am in china and i am not sure if you can read chinese...

Sent from my ZTE N970 using xda app-developers app
11th April 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop2stare

actually unrooting phone is not that hard. you'll just have to look for the methods on some other forums, i am in china and i am not sure if you can read chinese...

Sent from my ZTE N970 using xda app-developers app

no, i can't read chinese.. can u help me?? i want to update my phone without losing any data.. Is that possible?
11th April 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 119

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Why don't you just download the stock rom from sammobile.com ?
12th April 2014, 02:40 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope

Why don't you just download the stock rom from sammobile.com ?

I will try to do this.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477.. i already downloaded odin and trying to download stock from the Philippines but im afraid to do it.. Do you think it's safe to do this?? My current version is 4.3.. Is it okay to do this with my current version??

Or is there any way update my phone without changing rom..
Last edited by dummyns1; 12th April 2014 at 02:49 AM.
12th April 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #6  
Flag Kaunas

70 posts
More
Download your region rom from sammobile.com. Install "mobile odin pro" in your smartphone. Copy extracted rom tar file to your phone internal storage. Flash it with installed MOD Pro and you will have updated 4.4.2 rom with root privileges.
I had problems with CSC and force closing keyboard after update. But later solved it by flashing again just "cache" with MOD Pro.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #7  
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 119

475 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyns1

I will try to do this.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2265477.. i already downloaded odin and trying to download stock from the Philippines but im afraid to do it.. Do you think it's safe to do this?? My current version is 4.3.. Is it okay to do this with my current version??

Or is there any way update my phone without changing rom..

I should be save the thread is trusted. Don't forget you can't downgrade so if you're on 4.4.2 you can't go back to 4.3 or lower

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread