Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to restore Galaxy S4 to Stock?

OP Noitast

18th February 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Hi all, i flashed the galaxy s4 KitKat ROM from jamal (THIS IS THE ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2544474);
and now i want to return to the stock rom of the galaxy S4 but i dont know how to do.I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin but it didnt work and the Galaxy s4 at the start says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again".So i flash a stock recovery and now it works fine but i want to go back to the stock rom.Can someone make a guide or post a guide on how to do that??

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english but im italian!!
18th February 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,129
 
1,884 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitast

Hi all, i flashed the galaxy s4 KitKat ROM from jamal (THIS IS THE ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2544474);
and now i want to return to the stock rom of the galaxy S4 but i dont know how to do.I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin but it didnt work and the Galaxy s4 at the start says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again".So i flash a stock recovery and now it works fine but i want to go back to the stock rom.Can someone make a guide or post a guide on how to do that??

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english but im italian!!

Follow the tutorial from here and download the firmware from here
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repulsa

follow the tutorial from here and download the firmware from here

i tried this guide but i didn't work
2nd April 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #4  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 226
 
408 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
what is android version?
try to flash Stock 4.4.2
11th April 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand

what is android version?
try to flash Stock 4.4.2

the version is android 4.4.2
12th April 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,027 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitast

the version is android 4.4.2

What is the error that appears in ODIN? Attach one screenshot if is possible
12th April 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I have a similar question,

I have an S4 with OmegaRom, Knox has been tripped and I want to update and wipe clean to sell.

Do I need to flash the same rom that the Omega one was based upon? (I.E XXUFNC9) Or will any stock 4.4.2 rom work? As I'd like the use the latest BTU one, which is only XXUFNB8

Once I've flashed stock, I undersrtand the KNOX apps won't work again, but will the device still be updatable through OTA and KIES?

Thanks!
12th April 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #8  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,027 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcarter

I have a similar question,

I have an S4 with OmegaRom, Knox has been tripped and I want to update and wipe clean to sell.

Do I need to flash the same rom that the Omega one was based upon? (I.E XXUFNC9) Or will any stock 4.4.2 rom work? As I'd like the use the latest BTU one, which is only XXUFNB8

Once I've flashed stock, I undersrtand the KNOX apps won't work again, but will the device still be updatable through OTA and KIES?

Thanks!

1. You can't sell it "CLEAN" coz u tripped KNOX. This can't be reset.
2. You can flash the Stock Rom u want, always being android 4.4.2. I have KNOX: 0x1 and i use latest XXUFNB8 without any problem
3. Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

1. You can't sell it "CLEAN" coz u tripped KNOX. This can't be reset.
2. You can flash the Stock Rom u want, always being android 4.4.2. I have KNOX: 0x1 and i use latest XXUFNB8 without any problem
3. Yes.

Thanks for the help.
Yeah I know, by clean I mean without my data, and stock rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes