Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to restore Galaxy S4 to Stock?

Tip us?

Noitast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to restore Galaxy S4 to Stock?

Hi all, i flashed the galaxy s4 KitKat ROM from jamal (THIS IS THE ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2544474);
and now i want to return to the stock rom of the galaxy S4 but i dont know how to do.I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin but it didnt work and the Galaxy s4 at the start says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again".So i flash a stock recovery and now it works fine but i want to go back to the stock rom.Can someone make a guide or post a guide on how to do that??

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english but im italian!!

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,943

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitast View Post
Hi all, i flashed the galaxy s4 KitKat ROM from jamal (THIS IS THE ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=2544474);
and now i want to return to the stock rom of the galaxy S4 but i dont know how to do.I tried to flash a stock rom with Odin but it didnt work and the Galaxy s4 at the start says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again".So i flash a stock recovery and now it works fine but i want to go back to the stock rom.Can someone make a guide or post a guide on how to do that??

Thanks and sorry for my very bad english but im italian!!
Follow the tutorial from here and download the firmware from here

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Noitast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by repulsa View Post
follow the tutorial from here and download the firmware from here
i tried this guide but i didn't work

RubbaBand
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
what is android version?
try to flash Stock 4.4.2
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device

IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation

Noitast
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand View Post
what is android version?
try to flash Stock 4.4.2
the version is android 4.4.2

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noitast View Post
the version is android 4.4.2
What is the error that appears in ODIN? Attach one screenshot if is possible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

abcarter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have a similar question,

I have an S4 with OmegaRom, Knox has been tripped and I want to update and wipe clean to sell.

Do I need to flash the same rom that the Omega one was based upon? (I.E XXUFNC9) Or will any stock 4.4.2 rom work? As I'd like the use the latest BTU one, which is only XXUFNB8

Once I've flashed stock, I undersrtand the KNOX apps won't work again, but will the device still be updatable through OTA and KIES?

Thanks!

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 548

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcarter View Post
I have a similar question,

I have an S4 with OmegaRom, Knox has been tripped and I want to update and wipe clean to sell.

Do I need to flash the same rom that the Omega one was based upon? (I.E XXUFNC9) Or will any stock 4.4.2 rom work? As I'd like the use the latest BTU one, which is only XXUFNB8

Once I've flashed stock, I undersrtand the KNOX apps won't work again, but will the device still be updatable through OTA and KIES?

Thanks!
1. You can't sell it "CLEAN" coz u tripped KNOX. This can't be reset.
2. You can flash the Stock Rom u want, always being android 4.4.2. I have KNOX: 0x1 and i use latest XXUFNB8 without any problem
3. Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abcarter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
1. You can't sell it "CLEAN" coz u tripped KNOX. This can't be reset.
2. You can flash the Stock Rom u want, always being android 4.4.2. I have KNOX: 0x1 and i use latest XXUFNB8 without any problem
3. Yes.
Thanks for the help.
Yeah I know, by clean I mean without my data, and stock rom.