Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TASKER] Share your best Tasker profiles!

Tip us?

MarionCast
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Lightbulb [TASKER] Share your best Tasker profiles!

I noticed that other subforums already have this thread. Why not in Note 2 subforum?

Please share your Tasker profiles.

I have a bunch of profiles to:
- adjust screen brightness depending on time of day and on app loaded / maximum brightness when phone is ringing;
- launch music app and set media volume to 11 when headset is plugged (my way around page buddy -- I'm using Nova Launcher so no page buddy...);
- silence my phone during working hours and if I am within the office vicinity;
- maximum volume when Google Now is launched;
- various connection profiles (turn off mobile data / wifi after certain period when display is turned off; turn on airplane mode at 10% battery level; turn off mobile data while playing most games; etc.)

Sorry I'm sharing in paragraph form instead of (pseudo-)code but these profiles are simple enough to be understood without the pseudo- so...

I'd love to learn from the Tasker experts here. Please, do share your profiles.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarionCast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SenK9
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Mine:

* Turn on wifi when around home/work area (based on net loc) and turn off when away. Optionally turn off keyguard as a matter of convenience.

* Log when calls/sms's are received/sent and add Google Calendar entry with details. Useful for missed calls or reading SMS's when don't have phone.

* When in car (via NFC), turn off Wifi, turn on Bluetooth/pair, media volume up, launch music app, log location, turn off keyguard and add Google Calendar entry. Reverse when tagging out of car.

* When sleeping (via NFC), turn on airplane mode, notifications silent, punch in to sleeping app (Sleepbot). Reverse when tagging out when waking up.

There's one which I've tried from profiles and the wiki but doesn't seem to work - which is to disable Wifi / Bluetooth when not connected/not in use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SenK9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tintinnuntius
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: [TASKER] Share your best Tasker profiles!

- wait for 2 seconds after headphones are connected, then turn media volume to full (I rarely use headphones but I connect my phone to my car stereo aux often to listen to podcasts); the 2 second wait is necessary because the phone itself turns the volume down when you connect the headset

- when connected to home wifi, disable the pattern lock and say "phone unlocked" in a robot voice lock once wifi disconnects, say “phone locked"

- set display rotation to auto when certain apps are on (cf. s note), turn off on exit

- start a timer when a certain nfc tag is read, say "starting tea timer", after four minutes say "green tea should be ready now", after eight minutes say "herbal tea should be ready now"; in British English with robot voice effect, of course

I also have some nfc tags that set different profiles (morning/night, leave home & come back, enter/exit car, silent mode on/off)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintinnuntius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farbird
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: [TASKER] Share your best Tasker profiles!

Disconnect mobile data when on WiFi.
Data off and sporadically on after screen off.
No cell network voice announcement.
Cell network resume voice announcement.
Sync data on WiFi.
Sync off after turning off WiFi.
All volumes 90% at 7am with voice announcement.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Psychotic-Cerebellum
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I just read your post's saying NFC and was seriously confused. After doing a little research, I'm now in shock and awe that I didn't know about this before. I'm assuming from what I read you guys bought NFC tags and used some tasker magic with 'em I noticed there's like a thousand different types types of tags, stickers, metallic stickers, etc. What ones did you guys get, and really what would be the cheapest route to go that would be able to handle activating a tasker profile. Thanks in advance, you'll just made my day with this amazing revelation

ucak2004
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenK9 View Post
Mine:

* Turn on wifi when around home/work area (based on net loc) and turn off when away. Optionally turn off keyguard as a matter of convenience.

* Log when calls/sms's are received/sent and add Google Calendar entry with details. Useful for missed calls or reading SMS's when don't have phone.

* When in car (via NFC), turn off Wifi, turn on Bluetooth/pair, media volume up, launch music app, log location, turn off keyguard and add Google Calendar entry. Reverse when tagging out of car.

* When sleeping (via NFC), turn on airplane mode, notifications silent, punch in to sleeping app (Sleepbot). Reverse when tagging out when waking up.

There's one which I've tried from profiles and the wiki but doesn't seem to work - which is to disable Wifi / Bluetooth when not connected/not in use.
how do you configure " Log when calls/sms's are received/sent and add Google Calendar entry with details. Useful for missed calls or reading SMS's when don't have phone" ?
thank you

Moe5508
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
OK, so share them guys...prfl,tsk?
The Following User Says Thank You to Moe5508 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tunatje
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
This is a call logger profile for calender:

Just download, unzip en import it using Tasker.

http://db.tt/WmFalZnH

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
Regards,

Tuna

[DEVICE] LG Nexus 5 - STORMTROOPER
[ROM] PURITY ROM
[KERNEL] ElementalX
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tunatje For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hemant
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Can you guys post some more profiles. I still can't figure out Tasker app.

Scribbled from my GT-N7100.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100

botakbin
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Music player on when headset is plugged in.

Auto rotate enabled when Internet is turned on.

Higher screen brightness and longer screen on time when Google maps is activated.

Sync is turned on everyday at 12 am to 12.03am.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app