Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Sprint G2 after OTA/TWRP Method Not Working

Tip us?
 
schmadam
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Bricked Sprint G2 after OTA/TWRP Method Not Working

Ok I have looked and looked and I cannot find a solution for this. My G2 is booting straight into TWRP after the OTA and I cannot get it back. I can get it into download mode but it just sits there at 0% not doing anything. The method for fixing it using TWRP's terminal command mode did not work it just told me that there was not enough space on the device. Should I just smash the screen and take it back to Best Buy to get it replaced since its insured or what? I'm at my wit's end here.
 
RubbleTea
Old
(Last edited by RubbleTea; 10th December 2013 at 06:06 PM.) Reason: Info
#2  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 666
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmadam View Post
Ok I have looked and looked and I cannot find a solution for this. My G2 is booting straight into TWRP after the OTA and I cannot get it back. I can get it into download mode but it just sits there at 0% not doing anything. The method for fixing it using TWRP's terminal command mode did not work it just told me that there was not enough space on the device. Should I just smash the screen and take it back to Best Buy to get it replaced since its insured or what? I'm at my wit's end here.
Do you have a backup? If you don't have a ROM maybe push a ROM into recovery then flash.....could also flash stock using lg support too
 
Demonlinx
Old
#3  
Demonlinx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 432
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Do you have a backup? If you don't have a ROM maybe push a ROM into recovery then flash.....could also flash stock using lg support too
How do I use the lg support tool?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please hit the Thank button if I helped you out.

Devices:
- Sprint LG G2
- Sprint Motorola Photon
- At&t Htc Aria
 
RubbleTea
Old
#4  
RubbleTea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 666
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlinx View Post
How do I use the lg support tool?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Its in the general forum under back to stock use sprint files and Verizon method......
 
badkarmah187
Old
(Last edited by badkarmah187; 10th December 2013 at 07:02 PM.) Reason: additions...
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 96
Join Date: Dec 2010
Exclamation fix for TWRP (Teamwin Recovery) boot loop on Sprint LG-LS980

So I did the same thing, I was down for 2 days when I accepted the OTA update, see (attached screenshot)

I followed the exact instructions for this Verizon only thread, but instead of using the Verizon restore file (.tot) I used the
Here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45694605
Sprint one.
I got the Sprint link from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
the direct link is here: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...print+LS980%2F


Just follow the instructions including replacing the megalock.dll file. If, not you will be asked to authenticate running the LG Flash Tool.
Also, I got a error message that screwed me for about a day because I had a bad LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll file. (see 2nd attachment for the error)

Hope this helps you and others!


TAGS: [Production] - LS980ZV7_01_to_ZV8_13
OTA
BIN Model is different!
Check DLL or BIN File!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-12-09-10-10-17.png
Views:	171
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	2446404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2013-12-08 22.51.40.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	2446431  
The Following User Says Thank You to badkarmah187 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
codest3r
Old
#6  
codest3r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 347
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarmah187 View Post
So I did the same thing, I was down for 2 days when I accepted the OTA update, see (attached screenshot)

I followed the exact instructions for this Verizon only thread, but instead of using the Verizon restore file (.tot) I used the
Here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45694605
Sprint one.
I got the Sprint link from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
the direct link is here: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...print+LS980%2F


Just follow the instructions including replacing the megalock.dll file. If, not you will be asked to authenticate running the LG Flash Tool.
Also, I got a error message that screwed me for about a day because I had a bad LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll file. (see 2nd attachment for the error)

Hope this helps you and others!


TAGS: [Production] - LS980ZV7_01_to_ZV8_13
OTA
BIN Model is different!
Check DLL or BIN File!
Thanks man! I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop after the update. Had to use this method to restore phone and end the TWRP bootloop.

Anyone else on Sprint: use the above instructions just make sure to use the LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll not the LSVS file.
Mobile: LG G2 :: Tablet: Nexus 7 Flo :: Kids: Fuhu Nabi 2 Tablet (x3)
If a member helped you remember to hit Thanks! :: Help get me net some Dropbox referral space!
 
Nicamarcel1
Old
#7  
Nicamarcel1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 177
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: worcester
This instruction might help.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2569237
Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda premium
 
badkarmah187
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 96
Join Date: Dec 2010
Thumbs up glad to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by codest3r View Post
Thanks man! I got stuck in a TWRP bootloop after the update. Had to use this method to restore phone and end the TWRP bootloop.

Anyone else on Sprint: use the above instructions just make sure to use the LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll not the LSVS file.
I'm glad I was able to help someone! took me about 5 minutes to write these instructions. lol
 
Red_Kamel
Old
#9  
Red_Kamel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 241
Posts: 143
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nashville

 
DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656275

This will work for Sprint LG G2 as long as you can get into Download Mode
 
pm.mohanani@gmail.com
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 132
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sangli
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarmah187 View Post
So I did the same thing, I was down for 2 days when I accepted the OTA update, see (attached screenshot)

I followed the exact instructions for this Verizon only thread, but instead of using the Verizon restore file (.tot) I used the
Here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45694605
Sprint one.
I got the Sprint link from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
the direct link is here: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...print+LS980%2F


Just follow the instructions including replacing the megalock.dll file. If, not you will be asked to authenticate running the LG Flash Tool.
Also, I got a error message that screwed me for about a day because I had a bad LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll file. (see 2nd attachment for the error)

Hope this helps you and others!


TAGS: [Production] - LS980ZV7_01_to_ZV8_13
OTA
BIN Model is different!
Check DLL or BIN File!
i am too getting the same issue...
if u get any solution plz revert
thank you

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarmah187 View Post
So I did the same thing, I was down for 2 days when I accepted the OTA update, see (attached screenshot)

I followed the exact instructions for this Verizon only thread, but instead of using the Verizon restore file (.tot) I used the
Here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post45694605
Sprint one.
I got the Sprint link from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
the direct link is here: http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=X...print+LS980%2F


Just follow the instructions including replacing the megalock.dll file. If, not you will be asked to authenticate running the LG Flash Tool.
Also, I got a error message that screwed me for about a day because I had a bad LGVS980_20130902_LGFLASHv151.dll file. (see 2nd attachment for the error)

Hope this helps you and others!


TAGS: [Production] - LS980ZV7_01_to_ZV8_13
OTA
BIN Model is different!
Check DLL or BIN File!
I brricked my phone LG G2 Sprint and now i am in trouble ...phone not booting..
only i get the sideload via Recovery mode...
need a Recovery TWRP/CWM any...
and the way to flash the Recovery...

as i have changed the build.prop's setting
ro.build.target_operators= SPR
to
ro.build.target_operators= OPEN

and restarted it and then ..the ENd.
phone not starting...

tried to use LG Flash TOOL the .dll and .tot downloaded of Sprint
but the error comes for dll as i have changed build.prop to OPEN
so that LG FLASH TOOL is also not working..

figured out the solution but the way for these solution is still far...

just need the WAY for the solution..

Solution : Need to Replace the build.prop(OPEN) which is edited ONE ----> to-----> Original build.prop(SPR) [so that can use your said procedure]
if can't replace then should be able to edit the OPEN to SPR again
Only the things can work thru SIDELOAD only.
Also need a way to flash the Recovery in LG G2 SPRINT (so as to push or edit the build.prop) that to via SIDELOAD
The WAY : ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
?? ? ? ?? ? ?
(It's Really a Milky Way) {UNSEEN}


Please Help.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes