Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Reinstalling a Nook to yesterdays date

Tip us?

HelpFeePlease
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Reinstalling a Nook to yesterdays date

My daughter handed me her nook today, claiming she didnt know what had happened to it. Shes only 8. Anyways it was acting as thought it was brand new and I was having to pick all the factory settings. I thought when i put her gmail address and passowrd init would bring all her games back up but it said it was not a known email address, therefore i had to create an acc giveing her name etc again. The Nook is now all fired up again but she has lost everything, and when i say everything they were all free kids games but I woudl think the Nook would backup the contents and I was wondering if there was anyway I could get it to log in from the most recent backupdatefrom yesterday or previous to that.
I am not technically minded in the slightest and ive tried to read other comments but when it gets to rooted and stock restore etc i get totally lost ! Can anyone help me please ?

digixmax
Old
(Last edited by digixmax; 23rd March 2014 at 03:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 381
Assuming that your NT was running stock ROM, what most likely happened is your NT had somehow failed to boot/reboot 8 consecutive times -- a condition which triggers a reset to factory-fresh state. If you enter the same BN login/password that was used when the NT was originally registered you should be able to re-load all the apps/games previously downloaded/purchased from BN app store, although all apps' personal settings and data (such as saved game data) would still be lost and need to be re-entered.

To facilitate restoral in the future, you might consider using SD-based CWM recovery to backup your stock ROM (including app config) -- see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575489 -- this type of backup is handy even if you have no plan to root or flashing custom ROM.

HelpFeePlease
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank you Digimax

Thank you for your response Digimax but I really am a layman when it comes to all things digital and I have to be honest and say I didn't really understand your response. Sorry but thank you for taking the time to respond.
Fiona