Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[A] Picasa Web Albums Sign-In Request

OP LiveTrash

23rd March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

1 posts
Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LiveTrash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up
Thank you Live Trash, I had been having this pop up several times a day since updating. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTrash

Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash

31st May 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
Flag City of Nizams
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
The Solution was so simple, yet couldn't think... Thanks

Quote:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

1st June 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks a lot for saving me a bunch of time. Yeah, just reinstalling all the Google stuff defaulted to syncing with all their apps. Easy fix for an annoying issue.
23rd July 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag dirty souFF
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
awesome.....on the note 3 here, but with multiple gmail accounts, this was about to drive me effin insane, you rock man ty ty ty
25th July 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

69 posts
One question, can I revert agreement that I did?

I installed stock KitKat firmware on my Samsung phone, added Google Account and agreed to linking Gallery app with my Google Picasa photos.
Now I want to revoke access, but there is no such options in Google account settings. I checked under apps with Google+ login - nothing there. Also clearing data of Gallery app doesn't help, cause after alowing to sync again there's no more Sign-In Request, it just syncs.

And btw I know I can remove check mark in sync setting to stop syncing my picasa to samsung gallery, but still - first time I opened Gallery, there was an access request and idk where to find revoke button in my Google account - button like for games or apps that I logged in with my Google+ account.

I'm a little bit OCD about this. Can someone help me?
Thanks

ok, I see that permission is reseted while flashing custom ROM and not using stock apps.
Last edited by MikeSome1; 12th September 2014 at 06:58 AM.
5th November 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #7  
North Little Rock, Ar

3 posts
Thumbs up sign-in request
Quote:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks very much, I had the same problem and I guess I can fix it now...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread