Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Exchange security bypass for Note 8 Stock Rom (rooted)

Tip us?

consultguru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Exchange security bypass for Note 8 Stock Rom (rooted)

Hi,

I'm trying to find an exchange security bypass mod for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (3G)

Have tried the following and they all don't seem to be compatible with the stock ROM
Any thoughts?

My Device and Software details are
Android version: 4.1.2
Model No: GT-N5100
Kernel version:3.0.31 (KST 2013)
Build number: JZ054K.N5110XXBMD1

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultguru View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to find an exchange security bypass mod for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (3G)

Have tried the following and they all don't seem to be compatible with the stock ROM
Any thoughts?

My Device and Software details are
Android version: 4.1.2
Model No: GT-N5100
Kernel version:3.0.31 (KST 2013)
Build number: JZ054K.N5110XXBMD1
OK, what is doing the hack to accomplish??? Exchange uses security features, so wouldn't that break functionality???

consultguru
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude View Post
OK, what is doing the hack to accomplish??? Exchange uses security features, so wouldn't that break functionality???

Trying to check my corporate exchange email w/i being forced to 'always key-in a PIN', encrypted drive etc. I'm OK for all other enforcements that come with the exchange sync (e.g. force data wipe etc). Looking for a convenience factor.

Makes sense?

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultguru View Post
Trying to check my corporate exchange email w/i being forced to 'always key-in a PIN', encrypted drive etc. I'm OK for all other enforcements that come with the exchange sync (e.g. force data wipe etc). Looking for a convenience factor.

Makes sense?
Ah, OK, I see... Have seen some thing about bypassing PIN for corporate email a few months back. Will look for it again, when I have time Monday. I thought you were disabling it completely or something.

gooberdude
Old
Thanks Meter 48
OK, I don't have a corporate setup with exchange so I cannot test.

My xposed module has a security option though it is not enabled and I have no way to test.

Here is a thread on another site... http://mobility.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p...n-android.html

I would just unzip the two files and side load them from SD, after doing a complete backup in TI Backup, and removing the two installs associated with the replacement apps.

This way no old settings or double apps will be created.