Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Exchange security bypass for Note 8 Stock Rom (rooted)

OP consultguru

20th March 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to find an exchange security bypass mod for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (3G)

Have tried the following and they all don't seem to be compatible with the stock ROM
Any thoughts?

My Device and Software details are
Android version: 4.1.2
Model No: GT-N5100
Kernel version:3.0.31 (KST 2013)
Build number: JZ054K.N5110XXBMD1
21st March 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultguru

Hi,

I'm trying to find an exchange security bypass mod for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (3G)

Have tried the following and they all don't seem to be compatible with the stock ROM


Any thoughts?

My Device and Software details are
Android version: 4.1.2
Model No: GT-N5100
Kernel version:3.0.31 (KST 2013)
Build number: JZ054K.N5110XXBMD1

OK, what is doing the hack to accomplish??? Exchange uses security features, so wouldn't that break functionality???
22nd March 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberdude

OK, what is doing the hack to accomplish??? Exchange uses security features, so wouldn't that break functionality???


Trying to check my corporate exchange email w/i being forced to 'always key-in a PIN', encrypted drive etc. I'm OK for all other enforcements that come with the exchange sync (e.g. force data wipe etc). Looking for a convenience factor.

Makes sense?
22nd March 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by consultguru

Trying to check my corporate exchange email w/i being forced to 'always key-in a PIN', encrypted drive etc. I'm OK for all other enforcements that come with the exchange sync (e.g. force data wipe etc). Looking for a convenience factor.

Makes sense?

Ah, OK, I see... Have seen some thing about bypassing PIN for corporate email a few months back. Will look for it again, when I have time Monday. I thought you were disabling it completely or something.
24th March 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
OK, I don't have a corporate setup with exchange so I cannot test.

My xposed module has a security option though it is not enabled and I have no way to test.

Here is a thread on another site... http://mobility.forumsee.com/a/m/s/p...n-android.html

I would just unzip the two files and side load them from SD, after doing a complete backup in TI Backup, and removing the two installs associated with the replacement apps.

This way no old settings or double apps will be created.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes