FORUMS

[Q] Rooting Problems on US Cellular SM-N900R4

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By wisconsin1000, Junior Member on 23rd March 2014, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, I am having problems with rooting my galaxy note 3 model SM-N900R4 on US cellular. I followed the instructions on true-android.blogspot.com

My problem comes when It gets stuck after the root and stays to the title screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 3". There will be the Seandroid error In the top left corner too. I restart the phone by going to download mode and selecting cancel to reboot the phone. Everything passed in Odin 3.07 and i went to root checker after the reboot and saw that I'm not rooted. Please help, I'm on android 4.3 Stock.
 
 
23rd March 2014, 01:08 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin1000

Hello, I am having problems with rooting my galaxy note 3 model SM-N900R4 on US cellular. I followed the instructions on true-android.blogspot.com

My problem comes when It gets stuck after the root and stays to the title screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 3". There will be the Seandroid error In the top left corner too. I restart the phone by going to download mode and selecting cancel to reboot the phone. Everything passed in Odin 3.07 and i went to root checker after the reboot and saw that I'm not rooted. Please help, I'm on android 4.3 Stock.

You probably used the one for 4.4.

Download this one and flash through odin again.
23rd March 2014, 01:21 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Reply
[QUOTE=hey_joe;51296222]You probably used the one for 4.4.


Thanks for the quick reply . Also won't this brick my phone since this file is meant for SM-N9005 and i have a SM-N900R4?
23rd March 2014, 01:24 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
[QUOTE=wisconsin1000;51296407]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

You probably used the one for 4.4.


Thanks for the quick reply . Also won't this brick my phone since this file is meant for SM-N9005 and i have a SM-N900R4?

This article used SM-N9005 but for 4.4 to root so I'm guessing the one for 4.3 will be safe to use as well. I have SM-N900W8 and works on mine and also for a Tmobile N3.
23rd March 2014, 01:39 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Reply
but for 4.4 to root so I'm guessing the one for 4.3 will be safe to use as well. I have SM-N900W8 and works on mine and also for a Tmobile N3.[/QUOTE]


It actually restarted this time but root Checker still says I have no root access.





It actually restarted this time but still says I have no root access.
23rd March 2014, 01:43 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin1000



It actually restarted this time but root Checker still says I have no root access.





It actually restarted this time but still says I have no root access.

Do you have custom recovery installed?
23rd March 2014, 01:52 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

Do you have custom recovery installed?

I do not have custom recovery. Should I have installed this?
23rd March 2014, 01:55 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 419
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin1000

I do not have custom recovery. Should I have installed this?

Not necessarily but if you had one installed, you can just flash supersu to gain root.
23rd March 2014, 02:04 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I'm eager to root my 4.3/mje note3 but my last phone was an s3 rooted through twrp. I (a noob) have forgotten how to use Odin and install custom roms through any other method. Would some patient soul please point me to the process?
It's probably a sticky here some where. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd March 2014, 02:28 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Reply
Is there anyway to get this custom recovery without root?
23rd March 2014, 04:24 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Reply
I figured it out by installing the apk file in your supersu link you gave me.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes