Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Razr HD Wont Stay After Changing Bootanimation Please Help

Tip us?

rbernabe83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] Razr HD Wont Stay After Changing Bootanimation Please Help

Hi Sorry if this does not belong in this tread.

I have a Droid HD XT926 ive Changed the bootanimation from the original to the one from the moto x but know it just run the bootanimation but it doesnt go on. Please Help Me Im Desperate

i have tried everything i can think of.

Sorry for my poor English

Regards,Rich.
Motorola Razr HD XT926 Unlocked Android 4.4.2 Rooted w/ Holo Launcher HD

killrhythm09
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Had this same problem months ago when I tried to flash that boot animation. I still don't know why it happens.

Can you get into recovery or anything?
Device: Motorola Droid RAZR HD xt926 | Bootloader Unlocked & Rooted | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0 | ROM: Stock 183.46.10.xt926.Verizon.en.US

CoinCoin88
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Happened to mee too (see this post & thread in general: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2393012&page=4). The bootanimation you flashed is just too big for the phone to handle and it eventually freezes. Your best luck is to have a recovery with a file manager installed to delete bootanimation.zip and restore your original one.

I think there is another location you can place the bootanimation.zip i.e. another location that is read on boot to display the boot animation. IIRC it's /data/local (default and most commonly used is /system/media). Maybe you can push a file quickly there using adb and hope it will be used for boot, therefore bypassing the faulty one.

rbernabe83
Old
(Last edited by rbernabe83; 16th May 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoinCoin88 View Post
Happened to mee too (see this post & thread in general: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2393012&page=4). The bootanimation you flashed is just too big for the phone to handle and it eventually freezes. Your best luck is to have a recovery with a file manager installed to delete bootanimation.zip and restore your original one.

I think there is another location you can place the bootanimation.zip i.e. another location that is read on boot to display the boot animation. IIRC it's /data/local (default and most commonly used is /system/media). Maybe you can push a file quickly there using adb and hope it will be used for boot, therefore bypassing the faulty one.

thanks for your answer, by any change does anyone have the original bootanimation but flashable?

CoinCoin88
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Don't ave a flashable zip, if that's what you meant (and I actually have no clue how to create one, or whether it's even possible).
IIRC I had the same idea back when this happened to me, and I was told here (again, it's what I remember, but I could be wrong) that flashign a single file from recovery was not possible.

The only thing that could have eventually led to sth correct was that adb was available for a very short time when booting the phone in "AP Fastboot mode". I was able to adb inside but could not achieve a su prompt.

Don't wanna take your hopes down, but i ended up reflashing to stock rom... Sorry I can't be of any more help. But you should really dig in that thread I mentioned yesterday, maybe there are some more answers than at the time I posted there.

rbernabe83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoinCoin88 View Post
Don't ave a flashable zip, if that's what you meant (and I actually have no clue how to create one, or whether it's even possible).
IIRC I had the same idea back when this happened to me, and I was told here (again, it's what I remember, but I could be wrong) that flashign a single file from recovery was not possible.

The only thing that could have eventually led to sth correct was that adb was available for a very short time when booting the phone in "AP Fastboot mode". I was able to adb inside but could not achieve a su prompt.

Don't wanna take your hopes down, but i ended up reflashing to stock rom... Sorry I can't be of any more help. But you should really dig in that thread I mentioned yesterday, maybe there are some more answers than at the time I posted there.
I flashed the stock firmware with Droid HD Utility but stiil tries to boot and nothing... The problem Started when i changed the bootanimation from stock to Moto Xs.

Does somebody have a probable fix? Thanks in Advance...

cmh714
Old
(Last edited by cmh714; 24th May 2014 at 06:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbernabe83 View Post
I flashed the stock firmware with Droid HD Utility but stiil tries to boot and nothing... The problem Started when i changed the bootanimation from stock to Moto Xs.

Does somebody have a probable fix? Thanks in Advance...
I dont feel like looking but IIRC the HD Utility doesnt flash the bootlogo. you will need to do it by hand while in fastboot mode.....

fastboot flash logo whatever_the_new_filename_is
The Following User Says Thank You to cmh714 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbernabe83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post
I dont feel like looking but IIRC the HD Utility doesnt flash the bootlogo. you will need to do it by hand while in fastboot mode.....

Fixed the issue ive found a solution in Q&A. ive flashed stock rom with rsd lite.

Thanks All for your help.

CoinCoin88
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh714 View Post

Well ****, had I known that a couple months ago it would have saved me a full reflash. have my thank sir!