Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GITHUB?

Tip us?

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
Default GITHUB?

Hey all of you Devs, RC's, and so forth...

I plan to start using GITHUB, but I am currently trying to build a list of possible Google play apps that will work like GITHUB, and/or any third party apps. This is so I can work on repos from my device when I am not by a computer.

So if any of you know of one that works for you, please, post about it here so I may be able to check it out.

Thanks

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

palmtree5
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding.MyMind View Post
Hey all of you Devs, RC's, and so forth...

I plan to start using GITHUB, but I am currently trying to build a list of possible Google play apps that will work like GITHUB, and/or any third party apps. This is so I can work on repos from my device when I am not by a computer.

So if any of you know of one that works for you, please, post about it here so I may be able to check it out.

Thanks

Their app?
The Following User Says Thank You to palmtree5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree5 View Post
Hmmm... I was unaware they had an app... I knew it would be a good thing to open this thread haha. Thanks, much appreciated. Getting ready to check it out now.

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
That app won't suffice for me. Seems it is mainly to view/read. Thanks anyways @palmtree5.

Modding.MyMind
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
Found something i am looking for. Will suffice for now. But plan to keep my eyes open for anything else.

Modding.MyMind
Old
(Last edited by Modding.MyMind; 22nd March 2014 at 09:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,543

DONATE TO ME
Ok, for you git users out there. I have narrowed it down to two apps for android. These apps will allow you to use git from your phone for times when you are not by a pc. The first one is called SGit. This app is pretty legit. It is also open source (that means java, c, and so on). Works really well, but my only problem with it is that it does not give options for working with branches whether you are trying to create, merge, checkout, etc. However, been looking at the source and its apparent that those options are being added so I look forward to the update.

The other app is called AIDE. This app is mainly for building apks from your device, but due to its wide diversity you can pretty much use this app for a wide variety of projects. It comes with git built in and features A LOT of git commands with a pretty slick gui. The ONLY problem with that app is you will NOT be able to use git with AIDE like you want to unless you purchase the apps premium key from the play store which is currently selling for $9.99 U.S. dollars. As it stands these two apps are best fitted when working on repos.

I currently have both on my device and I plan to keep both.

-- Happy Hunting!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

russellvone
Old
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
awesome find, thanks for sharing