Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stylus

Tip us?
 
ExtremeRyno
Old
#1  
ExtremeRyno's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 331
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default [Q] Stylus

Just wondering if anyone has tried another stylus with the Pro? I'm thinking of getting the new version of the Bamboo Feel, but haven't heard if it is compatible or not. Are there any thicker styli with erasers, by any chance?
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Gatsrom Debloated
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL
 
JSandel
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default I want to know about this, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried another stylus with the Pro? I'm thinking of getting the new version of the Bamboo Feel, but haven't heard if it is compatible or not. Are there any thicker styli with erasers, by any chance?
Planning to do a lot of drawing on this tab, when the LTE version drops.
 
risingdead15
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried another stylus with the Pro? I'm thinking of getting the new version of the Bamboo Feel, but haven't heard if it is compatible or not. Are there any thicker styli with erasers, by any chance?

Hi,

I have been using the 8pi stylus with my note 12.2 and it works like a charm. Much better then the twig that comes with the tablet

amazonDOTcom/Galaxy-Genuine-Wacom-Stylus--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393434446&sr =1-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s-pen+stylus+pen+with+eraser
hope this helps

-rising
The Following User Says Thank You to risingdead15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zaptoons
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 224
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingdead15 View Post
Hi,

I have been using the 8pi stylus with my note 12.2 and it works like a charm. Much better then the twig that comes with the tablet

amazonDOTcom/Galaxy-Genuine-Wacom-Stylus--S200EBEG/dp/B009PJN1U8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393434446&sr =1-2&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s-pen+stylus+pen+with+eraser
hope this helps

-rising
Can you confirm is this stylus pixel accurate with the Note 12.2? Many times, even though they work, other styluses are off by a few pixels to one side. I'd hate to see someone needing a better pen for serious artwork run into this without knowing about it.

I notice that two of the reviews of that pen list that problem with Galaxy tablets.

Would really appreciate if you could check and let us know for certain.

I checked and the penabled stylus with my old LE1600 Tablet PC works with the 12.2, but of course it has the dreaded 4 pixel shift problem. It's such a rotten shame, because in every way it's a fantastic stylus and feels so comfortable in the hand (and there are tons of penabled Tablet PC styluses that are cheap). It makes the 12.2 feel like a really good drawing tablet compared to so-so with the s-Pen, but that pixel shift means it can't really be used for accurate drawing. It's too much of a difference from where you're pressing and where the line gets drawn to be trusted for serious drawing, but it'll pass for note-taking.

Anyway, please check this out if you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to zaptoons For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ExtremeRyno
Old
#5  
ExtremeRyno's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 331
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingdead15 View Post
Hi,

I have been using the 8pi stylus with my note 12.2
-rising
Sweet! That is exactly what I was looking for. Perfect.

Thanks, rd15.
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Gatsrom Debloated
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL
 
risingdead15
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoons View Post
Can you confirm is this stylus pixel accurate with the Note 12.2? Many times, even though they work, other styluses are off by a few pixels to one side. I'd hate to see someone needing a better pen for serious artwork run into this without knowing about it.

I notice that two of the reviews of that pen list that problem with Galaxy tablets.

Would really appreciate if you could check and let us know for certain.

I checked and the penabled stylus with my old LE1600 Tablet PC works with the 12.2, but of course it has the dreaded 4 pixel shift problem. It's such a rotten shame, because in every way it's a fantastic stylus and feels so comfortable in the hand (and there are tons of penabled Tablet PC styluses that are cheap). It makes the 12.2 feel like a really good drawing tablet compared to so-so with the s-Pen, but that pixel shift means it can't really be used for accurate drawing. It's too much of a difference from where you're pressing and where the line gets drawn to be trusted for serious drawing, but it'll pass for note-taking.

Anyway, please check this out if you can.
Hi

I just recieved another one and they both work perfectly for me, the marks are made exactly on the tip. I use this tablet mostly for taking notes in the class and sometimes drawing anatomy structures (med student). Absolutely love it

This is the exact one i got -
paydealsDOTcom/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Pen-Stylus-Eraser/dp/B009QW3SGQ

Hope this helps
rising
The Following User Says Thank You to risingdead15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JSandel
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptoons View Post
Can you confirm is this stylus pixel accurate with the Note 12.2? Many times, even though they work, other styluses are off by a few pixels to one side. I'd hate to see someone needing a better pen for serious artwork run into this without knowing about it.

I notice that two of the reviews of that pen list that problem with Galaxy tablets.

Would really appreciate if you could check and let us know for certain.

I checked and the penabled stylus with my old LE1600 Tablet PC works with the 12.2, but of course it has the dreaded 4 pixel shift problem. It's such a rotten shame, because in every way it's a fantastic stylus and feels so comfortable in the hand (and there are tons of penabled Tablet PC styluses that are cheap). It makes the 12.2 feel like a really good drawing tablet compared to so-so with the s-Pen, but that pixel shift means it can't really be used for accurate drawing. It's too much of a difference from where you're pressing and where the line gets drawn to be trusted for serious drawing, but it'll pass for note-taking.

Anyway, please check this out if you can.
+1 on this. Just what I want to know.

Anyone who can advise on stylus accuracy, for those of us who haven't picked up a Pro 12.2, thank you in advance for all specifics you can share!
 
risingdead15
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Hi Guys,

So brief update on the 8pi pen, I have attached some pics that should clarify that the pen works the same as the stock pen. I have had no issues with writing, drawing or otherwise with either pens.

Hope this answers your questions
Rising

Writing
dropboxDOTcom/s/ft2z3csp44asfzr/SPEN-TEST.png

Stock Pen
dropboxDOTcom/s/gn7eagcyxcylrki/SPen-Stock.JPG

Samsung 8pi Pen I mentioned in my previous post
dropboxDOTcom/s/g6rfaekxif8xj2r/SPen%208pi.JPG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risingdead15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JSandel
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingdead15 View Post
Hi Guys,

So brief update on the 8pi pen, I have attached some pics that should clarify that the pen works the same as the stock pen. I have had no issues with writing, drawing or otherwise with either pens.

Hope this answers your questions
Rising

Writing
dropboxDOTcom/s/ft2z3csp44asfzr/SPEN-TEST.png

Stock Pen
dropboxDOTcom/s/gn7eagcyxcylrki/SPen-Stock.JPG

Samsung 8pi Pen I mentioned in my previous post
dropboxDOTcom/s/g6rfaekxif8xj2r/SPen%208pi.JPG
Thank you for that! Good to know.
 
ExtremeRyno
Old
#10  
ExtremeRyno's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 331
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingdead15 View Post
Samsung 8pi Pen I mentioned in my previous post
dropboxDOTcom/s/g6rfaekxif8xj2r/SPen%208pi.JPG
I've ordered one, now. Thanks for the info on this. Now, I just need to get a tablet....Hmm....
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Gatsrom Debloated
HTC One X Team Venom ViperXL

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes