Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP 2.4.X.X on GTab 2 7"

Tip us?

webdroidmt
Old
(Last edited by webdroidmt; 5th September 2013 at 09:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 955
Thumbs up TWRP 2.4.X.X on GTab 2 7"

It seems that the Gtab 2 7" devices do not have a current version of TWRP, the last one I found was an unofficial version, 2.1.1, from over 6 months ago. Anyway, I contacted Team Win member Dees_Troy via PM and he responded.

Quote by Dees_Troy:
Someone ported the p5xxx tabs and gave me the device configuration files so that we could add it to our official list. No one has done that with the p3xxx series though I'm pretty sure I could port them fairly easily if I can find device files and testers.

Edit: Forum member joeinternet was good enough to compile new TWRP builds for P3113, which also should work with P3110. He has compiled versions 2.4.1.0 and 2.4.4.0 and uploaded them to his dropbox. Here's Joe's post in this thread with links to the TWRP builds, both tar and image file. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=10

Please also read through this thread for more info and be sure to thank joe for his work. I think it's probably a good idea at this time to use the 2.4.4.0 build.

Thanks,
Mike T
The Following User Says Thank You to webdroidmt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Adi Shakthi
Old
Thanks Meter 13,461

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: TWRP 2.4.X.X on GTab 2 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdroidmt View Post
It seems that the Gtab 2 7" devices do not have a current version of TWRP, the last one I found was an unofficial version, 2.1.1, from over 6 months ago. Anyway, I contacted Team Win member Dees_Troy via PM and he responded.

Quote by Dees_Troy:
Someone ported the p5xxx tabs and gave me the device configuration files so that we could add it to our official list. No one has done that with the p3xxx series though I'm pretty sure I could port them fairly easily if I can find device files and testers.

I replied back to Dees_Troy today and am waiting to hear back from him. But in the meantime, if anyone knows what he needs regarding device configuration files please respond here, as I'm not sure exactly what he will need. As for testers, I'm sure there will be enough of us on this forum to test it.

I think it would be great to get an official version of TWRP for our device, so any help here is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike T
Latest cwm recover....
Stock kernel. ....
Thats it according to me

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Adi Shakthi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,899

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adishakthi View Post
Latest cwm recover....
Stock kernel. ....
Thats it according to me

Did you actually read his post?

Anyway, not everyone likes CWM. People like choices...

"The way is known to all but not all know it"
My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L90 LG-D415 ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED, TWRP 2.7.1.0, Stock KitKat 4.4.2
Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED, CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JellyBean 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED, CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
My Stuff

webdroidmt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by adishakthi View Post
Latest cwm recover....
Stock kernel. ....
Thats it according to me

What?

Mike T

Skazzy3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 924

DONATE TO ME

Where would this "config" file most likely be? Is this file in the android root somewhere? I see a folder called config but no files in it.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/Luigi2012SM64DS

I'm back!
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - SlimROM - Stock kernel

ketut.kumajaya
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,091

DONATE TO ME
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro..._samsung_p3100 and https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro..._samsung_p3110

A proud owner
P31xx kernel | P51xx kernel | T31x kernel
for stock/stock based ROM
for CM/CM based ROM
for DUAL BOOT
If you like my work, please consider donating
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketut.kumajaya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skazzy3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 924

DONATE TO ME

So now can we get somewhere?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/Luigi2012SM64DS

I'm back!
Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - SlimROM - Stock kernel

webdroidmt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 955
That will be up to Dees_Troy. I pm'ed him with the links that ketut provided, so now we wait and see.

Mike T
The Following User Says Thank You to webdroidmt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gradular
Old
Thanks Meter 93

DONATE TO ME

Love to have an updated TWRP! Ill gladly help test as well.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

joeinternet
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Default TWRP 2.4.1.0 for GT-P3113

With the help of Dees_Troy, helicopter88, MrHyde03 and the various other guides out there, I compiled TWRP 2.4.1.0 for the gt-p3113. This is for the US-version wi-fi with the IR port. I've only tested it on my device and it works for backups, decryption and the like.

Files are here for the time being: one is for a straight dd within an adb shell and the other (.md5) is ODIN-flashable.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/my09xxmhwo8bcy1/zT80nlWBOj?m

Standard disclaimers apply: I'm not responsible if this bricks your device or causes harm in any way.

Other than that, enjoy!

-Joe

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joeinternet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]