Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Selling my phone. Did full wipe, etc, but how to get rid of MIN, username, etc..

OP danman132x

23rd March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

183 posts
Im selling my Sprint GS3 as rooted, and I wiped everything so the rom is freshly installed, but under about device / status / it still shows the Sprint username associated with the account and my phone number and MIN. Is there any way to delete those blocks before selling the phone to a new buyer? I know that goes away once they activate it on their own, but I'd like to get rid of that data so they can't see it period.
23rd March 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
**Try at your own risk**

Do you know your phone's MSL#?

If yes, then this is how I have always done it with my previous Samsung phones.

To delete your Sprint username, go to "Phone" and dial ##DATA# (##3282#)
"Data programming" screen should show up. Tap "Edit" and it should ask for your phone's MSL#. I'm currently using the MOAR Rom so for some reason it bypasses the MSL screen. Then tap "Data Profile" where you will be able to delete or edit your "Username"

For editing or deleting your MDN/MIN, go to "Phone" and dial ##MSL#. If your MSL is 123456 dial ##123456#
"MSL NAM info" should show up then tap "Edit" to edit or delete your numbers. I usually just put all zeros. Phone may restart after doing this.

Hope that works for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to munguse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread