Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

External SD Card Isue

Tip us?

ashhem
Old
(Last edited by ashhem; 22nd March 2014 at 08:48 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default External SD Card Isue

Hello guys,

I am using the Galaxy Note II N7100 variant. I am facing a problem with my external SD card.. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra which is Class 10 AND UHS I card..

However recently my write speeds to the card from my mobile have droped drastically!! FYI The card is still blazing fast on the computer (Via the Card Reader) :thumbup:

Next issue is now a days, I cant unmount this sd card. When I say Unmount, it says Unmounting Sd Card for a loooonnnggg time and then the phone reboots! :what: However If I format the same card and unmount it, it get unmounted easily... SO M GUESSING its because of some app I shifted on this card Maybe?! But for the end of me, I cant seem to find that app IF thats the case!

Any help, views, suggestions and inputs are welcome.. SOLUTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME

Thanks and Cheers
GRay

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

tonylee000
Old
(Last edited by tonylee000; 23rd March 2014 at 10:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhem View Post
Hello guys,

I am using the Galaxy Note II N7100 variant. I am facing a problem with my external SD card.. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra which is Class 10 AND UHS I card..

However recently my write speeds to the card from my mobile have droped drastically!! FYI The card is still blazing fast on the computer (Via the Card Reader) :thumbup:

Next issue is now a days, I cant unmount this sd card. When I say Unmount, it says Unmounting Sd Card for a loooonnnggg time and then the phone reboots! :what: However If I format the same card and unmount it, it get unmounted easily... SO M GUESSING its because of some app I shifted on this card Maybe?! But for the end of me, I cant seem to find that app IF thats the case!

Any help, views, suggestions and inputs are welcome.. SOLUTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME

Thanks and Cheers
GRay

Try the obvious! Wipe cache from recovery and dalvik.
try a factory reset and if all else fails give the phone a full wipe
Samsung Galaxy Note II
WanamLite ML6
TWRP (htttp://goo.gl/aNc64G)
AdAway 02-28-14 (Http://goo.gl/0DZkTd)

HTC Desire HD / Android Revolution 6.4 (recycled)
Sony Ericsson Satio (recycled)
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (recycled)
Sony Ericsson K800i (unknown)
Nokia n95 8gb Music edition (washed/binned)
Nokia 6280 (destroyed/binned)

ashhem
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylee000 View Post
Try the obvious! Wipe cache from recovery and dalvik.
try a factory reset and if all else fails give the phone a full wipe
Hi Tonylee,
I have tried wiping the cache from the recovery.. And since M on UNROOTED STOCK ROM, I dont have or atleast cant find the Dalvik cache cleaning option and frankly I dont wanna wipr the phone completely as faar as possible though that WILL BE my final option.

tonylee000
Old
Thanks Meter 362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhem View Post
Hi Tonylee,
I have tried wiping the cache from the recovery.. And since M on UNROOTED STOCK ROM, I dont have or atleast cant find the Dalvik cache cleaning option and frankly I dont wanna wipr the phone completely as faar as possible though that WILL BE my final option.
In that case your options are pretty limited! You can try looking for service codes to access so called 'secret menus' but im not sure how effective that would be but you could get lucky! tbh id be worried that its a hardware issue with your phone and one of the first things warranty service dept will get you to try is a factory reset
Samsung Galaxy Note II
WanamLite ML6
TWRP (htttp://goo.gl/aNc64G)
AdAway 02-28-14 (Http://goo.gl/0DZkTd)

HTC Desire HD / Android Revolution 6.4 (recycled)
Sony Ericsson Satio (recycled)
Nokia 5800 Xpress Music (recycled)
Sony Ericsson K800i (unknown)
Nokia n95 8gb Music edition (washed/binned)
Nokia 6280 (destroyed/binned)

ashhem
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thats a bit worrysome then.. Since my GN2 is out if warranty any ways, let me try your method.. :thumbup: