Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Play Store 4.5.10 Bug

Tip us?

mobilequest
Old
(Last edited by mobilequest; 20th January 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default [Q] Play Store 4.5.10 Bug

Hello guys,

I recently bought a S4 and overall I'm really happy with it. The thing is that I have this strange bug in the play store since I first opened it. If I go to any section e.g. the games section and swipe down the list some app icons aren't loading. The place were the picture is supposed to be just stays blank. Actually it's even happening in the frontpage when i swipe down. I checked my wifi but it's also happening with mobile connection.

I also cleared the cache and data but nothing worked until I deinstalled the store updates. That downgraded the play store to version 4.3.11 and surprisingly the bug was gone So is this a common thing in the 4.5.10 version or does my S4 suffer from a strange bug?

Obagleyfreer
Old
Thanks Meter 774
Do you have an ad blocker running or a modified hosts file? These can cause this issue with play store

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
GT-I9505

mobilequest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
No ad blocker is running and I didn't modify anything but like I said, strangely enough the bug is gone with the 4.3.11 version. As soon the play store updates itself to the 4.5.10 version, it's there again. Could this be a hardware bug?

mobilequest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Can no one help? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Should I return my S4?

ThuGzta
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilequest View Post
Can no one help? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Should I return my S4?
I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.

mobilequest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuGzta View Post
I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.
I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilequest For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N10AP
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it
Have you tried clearing app data, removing Google acco9unt, rebooting and re-entering details to see if it clears the problem?

KingOfDope
Old
(Last edited by KingOfDope; 21st January 2014 at 08:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
I have it to I think its just the play store. Or maybe our internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --

mobilequest
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope View Post
I have it to I think its just the play store. Or maybe or internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store
Yeah I also think it's the play store but it can't be the store only because otherwise everybody would have this bug. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon

KingOfDope
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Yeah I also think it's the play store but it can't be the store only because otherwise everybody would have this bug. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon
I hope so to

btw I misspelled our xd
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --