Post Reply

[Q] Play Store 4.5.10 Bug

OP mobilequest

19th January 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Hello guys,

I recently bought a S4 and overall I'm really happy with it. The thing is that I have this strange bug in the play store since I first opened it. If I go to any section e.g. the games section and swipe down the list some app icons aren't loading. The place were the picture is supposed to be just stays blank. Actually it's even happening in the frontpage when i swipe down. I checked my wifi but it's also happening with mobile connection.

I also cleared the cache and data but nothing worked until I deinstalled the store updates. That downgraded the play store to version 4.3.11 and surprisingly the bug was gone So is this a common thing in the 4.5.10 version or does my S4 suffer from a strange bug?

Last edited by mobilequest; 20th January 2014 at 01:54 AM.
19th January 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Obagleyfreer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 780
 
1,841 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Do you have an ad blocker running or a modified hosts file? These can cause this issue with play store

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
20th January 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
No ad blocker is running and I didn't modify anything but like I said, strangely enough the bug is gone with the 4.3.11 version. As soon the play store updates itself to the 4.5.10 version, it's there again. Could this be a hardware bug?
20th January 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Can no one help? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Should I return my S4?
20th January 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilequest

Can no one help? Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Should I return my S4?

I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.
21st January 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuGzta

I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.

I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to mobilequest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st January 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilequest

I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it

Have you tried clearing app data, removing Google acco9unt, rebooting and re-entering details to see if it clears the problem?
21st January 2014, 03:14 PM   |  #8  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 100
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilequest

I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it

I have it to I think its just the play store. Or maybe our internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store
Last edited by KingOfDope; 21st January 2014 at 08:45 PM.
21st January 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
180 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope

I have it to I think its just the play store. Or maybe or internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store

Yeah I also think it's the play store but it can't be the store only because otherwise everybody would have this bug. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon
21st January 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #10  
KingOfDope's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rutten
Thanks Meter: 100
 
388 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilequest

Yeah I also think it's the play store but it can't be the store only because otherwise everybody would have this bug. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon

I hope so to

btw I misspelled our xd

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank