Splashtop Anywhere Access Pack FREE! sort of.
This I made because i was a little infuriated Splashtop was going to charge
a recurring fee rather than a one time fee for their hardware accelerated RDP software.
So the only thing i could think of was VPN! Trick splashtop into thinking i was at home
(or where ever your graphic accelerated monster is) so i could play and heres how.
-Splashtop (there are two versions one for iphone/ipod, one for ipad. purchase correctly)
-Windows 7 computer (doesnt have to be but its what i used)
-Router Access (required to forward a port, 1723, for VPN)
For those who want to use this for Over the Air. Be aware of these factors please.
-You may be using data, this will use ALOT of data.
-This will use your home connections bandwith.
--Keep an eye on your home internets usage.
--it will slow down the connection for other users on it, unless its has alot of bandwith.
1. Install Splashtop on your iOS device
2. Go to "Network and Sharing Center"
3. On the left click "Change Adapter Settings"
4. Click " File" and select "New Incoming Connection" ( if you dont see "File" in the top left hit Alt once ).
5. Tell it who may connect ( I suggest creating a custom user or use the one thats listed ).
6. Just hit next through everything until done.
7. Now this part we must port forward. Depending on wether your computers LAN IP changes or not you may need to manually set it.
8. Moving on. Forward port 1723 to your LAN IP found by double clicking "Local Area Connection" icon on that same window.
9. Now we find our IP, google "What is my IP" wam boom bam, you got your IP.
10. Go to your iDevice and go to Settings.
11. Go to VPN
12. Add New
14. input info, RSA SecurID off. Encryption Level to Auto. Send All the Traffic baby.
15. If done correctly you may now connecto to your home network from anywhere on any network your on.
16. This means splashtop will think your on the same router and allow you to play or work graphic accelerated.
I made this tut no jacking please.
Heres a YouTube watchlink of it working:
kinda nooby video taking skills but what ever i just wanted to show you guys it working.