Of course S5 Camera works only on KitKat touchwiz based ROM. Don't ask to get it working on Aosp ROM. Don't work on odex ROM you need a deodexed one.
If you have i9500 (octa version) and after follow my guide you get bootloop flash THIS instead of my zip. With this method it's not sure that all things is working.
If you've an S3 or a Note 2 absolutely don't try to flash this mod! Use this variant.
Make sure to follow all my instruction correctly.
Instruction to install it:
1. With a file manager rename in System/App the SamsungCamera2.apk in SamsungCamera2.bak.
2. Chose and download only one (both works at all resolution) of my two zip:
- 9.6 mpx (16:9) as default if you prefer full screen photo --> http://www.mediafire.com/?i4vlkemfbcvjm24
- 13 mpx (4:3) as default if you prefer max resolution --> http://www.mediafire.com/?txbw7m5cxa1tvlv
3. Flash the one that you choose through recovery and reboot.
4. Wait until it optimize apps.
5. [Optional] Go to settings and delete cache and data of Camera.
6. Now launch the Camera.
7. If you want you can download all S5 modes from HERE. Install as a normal apk.
Tip: if you want to restore old camera go to system/app rename SamsungCamera3.apk in .bak and rename the old SamsungCamera2.bak in .apk. Then reboot.
- What's not working:
Shot & More
Limit MMS (for video recording)
- What's working:
Everything except what is written above.
@sorg for resolution and recording fix
@Djimmy for his note 3 porting thread
@nplnpl for testing
@Mr.Bola for Tour View fix.