Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 45,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VS98012B - Stuck in boot loop. Can't flash.

Tip us?

visualkei72
Old
(Last edited by visualkei72; 23rd March 2014 at 10:00 AM.) Reason: Added more information.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] VS98012B - Stuck in boot loop. Can't flash.

Hi guys, so I've been digging through a ton of posts on here trying to solve this problem.

I have a VS98012B a.k.a. LG G2, it's stuck in a boot loop.
LG Logo displays, then the Android on his back with the red triangle, one minute later the screen goes black and the process starts all over again. Here's what I did leading up to the issue:
I rooted the phone with ioroot24.
Root was successful.
Used Root Explorer to change permissions on the SYSTEM folder. (I was trying to change the .ogg system sounds to custom ones.)
I was prompted that I would need "Superuser" status to do so.
The launcher app, and half a dozen others crashed over and over. I couldn't power off the phone or anything. I could only press OK everytime the box popped up every second. So I attempted to hard boot the phone with the POWER button, and here I am in this boot loop.

I tried using the LG Software, and a .kdz file for a VS98011A. The USB drivers are the latest ones for the phone. I tried rolling it back thinking it might help to have an older version, but couldn't find the device driver to roll it back from.

The LG Software will attempt to restore it, but since the phone keeps rebooting, it never gets a chance to perform the install.

I tried to do a factory reset, holding VOL DOWN, then POWER, then at the LG Logo I release the POWER and hold POWER down again while still holding VOL DOWN.
The dialog comes up to reset it, I tap POWER 3 times, the screen goes black, The Android with the Blue Orb comes up with a loading bar, but it disappears after about 3 seconds, and the whole boot loop continues.

I'm about to kill myself. Please help if you can. T_T
The Following User Says Thank You to visualkei72 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

visualkei72
Old
(Last edited by visualkei72; 23rd March 2014 at 11:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Please close this thread. I found out how to put the phone in Download Mode, which took it out of the boot loop, enabling me to finish the process via the LG Mobile Update Tool.

To enter Download Mode, you need to hold the VOLUME UP key.

Surprisingly, the older 11A version was a placeholder for the actual Recovery data that was used for my phone-12B.