Question [Q] WiFi Connection Optimizer

OP DFWDraco76

14th March 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
More
I just switched from Sprint a couple weeks ago, where I also had an LG G2, to T-Mobile. I'm still loving this phone - enough that I couldn't justify giving it up to try the Nexus 5.

Anyway, one thing I liked about the G2 on Sprint was a Connection Optimizer (I think it was called). You know when you go to a public wifi and have to pull up a website and agree to their notice before you can use the connection? This handy little tool did that automatically for you on wifi networks you've previously connected to. I LOVED it. With the exception of Tom Thumb, it worked flawlessly for me everywhere I went.

Well I'm not seeing or finding that on the T-Mobile G2. Am I just missing it? Is it possible to install it or is it just a Sprint thing?

I'm not rooted yet and don't plan to be any time soon.
14th March 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

517 posts
More
If someone can extract an apk you should be able to install it even if you're not rooted. I'm also interested in this as well

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Dallas, TX

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx

If someone can extract an apk you should be able to install it even if you're not rooted. I'm also interested in this as well

How would one go about making such a request?
22nd March 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  

517 posts
More
I'll see if I can extract the app. I'll download the sprint kdz and see if i can find it and I'll extract it here in a bit

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd March 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #5  

517 posts
More
Looks like it's a no go because i was looking more into it and it looks like it's an embedded feature on sprint devices

although you can give WiFi Web Login a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ifiwebloginapp

it says it does exactly the same
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxrichievxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Dallas, TX

53 posts
More
Thanks for looking into it, I appreciate it. I'll check out that app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread