Change Screen Res/dpi/Aspect Ratio - System GUI Always Stops

OP typos1

23rd March 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

497 posts
More
I have an Allwinner A20 tv box, I trying to use it on a device with an old, low res, 4:3, 5" screen. It works but I have a few problems - firstly the box has "pal" and ntsc" settings for use with AV out, but when connected the picture is squashed inwards so circles are represented as ovals. I ve tried to mod the aspect ratio/resolution but nothing works, the picture is always distorted.

On top of that everything is too small for the screen, it is readable but things really need to appear bigger, so I also played about with the dpi, this does make things bigger and a better match for the screen, even though the device doesnt actually have a screen itself.

I ve done both these mods with several apps and modding the build prop and I always get "sorry systemGUI has stopped", constantly - when you close it, it opens again straight away. Clearly settings doesnt like these mods, so I m trying to work what I need to change so it DOES accept them.

Can anyone tell me how I can successfully mod the setting.db and get this working at the correct aspect ratio and a dpi that is suitable for use on a low res screen ?

Thanks
23rd March 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

497 posts
More
Anyone ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread