XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Almost no vibration after installing CM11

Tip us?

superadamwo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Almost no vibration after installing CM11

I was using a nightly version of Cyanogenmod 11 for a while, and after one of the nightly updates, my vibration intensity has basically gone to nothing. I can still feel it very slightly but it's almost imperceptible. To try and fix it, I've gone as far as restoring to stock everything (including stock recovery etc.) to see if that would fix it, but still the same issue. Is there any chance this is still a software problem, or is it probably an issue with the vibration motors themselves?

Bhavpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superadamwo View Post
I was using a nightly version of Cyanogenmod 11 for a while, and after one of the nightly updates, my vibration intensity has basically gone to nothing. I can still feel it very slightly but it's almost imperceptible. To try and fix it, I've gone as far as restoring to stock everything (including stock recovery etc.) to see if that would fix it, but still the same issue. Is there any chance this is still a software problem, or is it probably an issue with the vibration motors themselves?
cm based roms normally have a vibration strength that it set very low. Download trickster mod from the playstore and go to the fourth page (specific), you can set the vibrator strength there. Stock HTC One Sense is 2700.

superadamwo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavpreet View Post
cm based roms normally have a vibration strength that it set very low. Download trickster mod from the playstore and go to the fourth page (specific), you can set the vibrator strength there. Stock HTC One Sense is 2700.
Yeah I tried that, I set it to the highest value and was still imperceptible. Hardware issue?

Bhavpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superadamwo View Post
Yeah I tried that, I set it to the highest value and was still imperceptible. Hardware issue?
only plausible explanation remaining