Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help [SOLVED]

Tip us?
 
pbaldw10
Old
(Last edited by pbaldw10; 26th March 2014 at 08:19 PM.)
#1  
pbaldw10's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 59
Join Date: Nov 2011
Unhappy Help [SOLVED]

I tried to flash toe moto x firmware and when the phone rebooted the screen is green and all distorted. I cant seem to get into fastboot mode to RSD Lite back to stock, what can I do? I think I just ruined my phone. Please help.
 
bigv5150
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 649
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaldw10 View Post
I tried to flash toe moto x firmware and when the phone rebooted the screen is green and all distorted. I cant seem to get into fastboot mode to RSD Lite back to stock, what can I do? I think I just ruined my phone. Please help.

OK relax take a deep breath can you reboot the phone using the power button can you turn off the phone. If the phone starts back up immediately turn it off again by holding the power button again. As soon as it shuts down let go of the power button then immediately push the power button and volume down for about 3-5 seconds it should get you into fast boot. If not try it again it could take a couple of tries. You should then be able to fxz. Holding the power button restarts the phone like a battery pull.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigv5150 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pbaldw10
Old
(Last edited by pbaldw10; 26th March 2014 at 08:25 AM.) Reason: update
#3  
pbaldw10's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 59
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
OK relax take a deep breath can you reboot the phone using the power button can you turn off the phone. If the phone starts back up immediately turn it off again by holding the power button again. As soon as it shuts down let go of the power button then immediately push the power button and volume down for about 3-5 seconds it should get you into fast boot. If not try it again it could take a couple of tries. You should then be able to fxz. Holding the power button restarts the phone like a battery pull.
I had tried that several times and finally Im in fastboot mode. I reflashed twrp and restored a backup, Im going to fxz just to be sure.

RSD Lite is working, the problem was a "Chunck error" download size too big. Thats the error message i got when trying to flash the moto x system.img.
 
rmjones2006
Old
(Last edited by rmjones2006; 26th March 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
#4  
rmjones2006's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 216
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaldw10 View Post
I had tried that several times and finally Im in fastboot mode. I reflashed twrp and restored a backup, Im going to fxz just to be sure.

RSD Lite is working, the problem was a "Chunck error" download size too big. Thats the error message i got when trying to flash the moto x system.img.
sometimes you have to use moto-fastboot to be able to flash the large files. You can find it floating around the forums.

EDIT: here is the link for motofastboot. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33228220
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more