Ask a question

No registration required

Surface 2 Type cover 2 - Backlight note working

OP dgjl

30th November 2013, 04:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

296 posts
The backlight on my Typecover 2 has stopped working. Keyboard is fine; have tried refreshing twice. Any ideas?
30th November 2013, 04:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjl

The backlight on my Typecover 2 has stopped working. Keyboard is fine; have tried refreshing twice. Any ideas?

If keyboard is fine yet backlight isn't and a refresh hasnt fixed it, its most likely a hardware fault within the keyboard which should be claimed for under warranty
1st December 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

If keyboard is fine yet backlight isn't and a refresh hasnt fixed it, its most likely a hardware fault within the keyboard which should be claimed for under warranty

I just pressed F2 - that turned it back on again. (thanks to someone on the MS forums)
The Following User Says Thank You to dgjl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Thanks
Quote:

I just pressed F2 - that turned it back on again. (thanks to someone on the MS forums)

Thanks for this.... was about to take mine back. i assumed the backlight buttons (F1 and F2) were for the screen, not the keyboard.
24th March 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 30

388 posts
More
Quote:

any idea how it got turned down to begin with ? I definitely don't recall pushing F1 or F2 in my day to day use..
24th March 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaladhjin

any idea how it got turned down to begin with ? I definitely don't recall pushing F1 or F2 in my day to day use..

Well, considering F1 and F2 are right above 1 and 2 combined with the keys being rather small on a surface keyboard, is it not possible that you simply hit the wrong key? Everyone makes a typing error occasionally.
The Following User Says Thank You to SixSixSevenSeven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread