Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Surface 2 Type cover 2 - Backlight note working

Tip us?

dgjl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Surface 2 Type cover 2 - Backlight note working

The backlight on my Typecover 2 has stopped working. Keyboard is fine; have tried refreshing twice. Any ideas?

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjl View Post
The backlight on my Typecover 2 has stopped working. Keyboard is fine; have tried refreshing twice. Any ideas?
If keyboard is fine yet backlight isn't and a refresh hasnt fixed it, its most likely a hardware fault within the keyboard which should be claimed for under warranty

dgjl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven View Post
If keyboard is fine yet backlight isn't and a refresh hasnt fixed it, its most likely a hardware fault within the keyboard which should be claimed for under warranty
I just pressed F2 - that turned it back on again. (thanks to someone on the MS forums)
The Following User Says Thank You to dgjl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kieran282
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
I just pressed F2 - that turned it back on again. (thanks to someone on the MS forums)
Thanks for this.... was about to take mine back. i assumed the backlight buttons (F1 and F2) were for the screen, not the keyboard.
Current Device: HTC One
ROM: Stock 4.3
Operator: Telstra (Sydney, Australia)

Previous Device:
HTC Touch Pro, HTC Tytn II, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S2.. to name a few

jaladhjin
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
any idea how it got turned down to begin with ? I definitely don't recall pushing F1 or F2 in my day to day use..

SixSixSevenSeven
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaladhjin View Post
any idea how it got turned down to begin with ? I definitely don't recall pushing F1 or F2 in my day to day use..
Well, considering F1 and F2 are right above 1 and 2 combined with the keys being rather small on a surface keyboard, is it not possible that you simply hit the wrong key? Everyone makes a typing error occasionally.
The Following User Says Thank You to SixSixSevenSeven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]