Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove Touchwiz

Tip us?

blessedswine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Remove Touchwiz

ok i have looked online and i have seen that on other Samsung android phones you can remove touchwiz by installing a "stock" rom, but to me a stock rom is the one with Touchwiz.... can someone link me to a rom thats stable and doesnt have touchwiz....im new to this phone and been using the inspire 4g but the glass shattered...i understand i will have to root phone that i know but the roms for this phone nobody seems to post pictures of what they look like.

appdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4308

DONATE TO ME
Best rom that's stable and most themed is Sky ice cream rom by Sean. GO flash it hands down the best rom in our dev forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedswine View Post
ok i have looked online and i have seen that on other Samsung android phones you can remove touchwiz by installing a "stock" rom, but to me a stock rom is the one with Touchwiz.... can someone link me to a rom thats stable and doesnt have touchwiz....im new to this phone and been using the inspire 4g but the glass shattered...i understand i will have to root phone that i know but the roms for this phone nobody seems to post pictures of what they look like.
Check out my blog, Everything about Android! & Click Here to See Android Tutorials on My Youtube.
New to XDA?? Check this out!!
I hate when People don't Thank after getting help So Got help! Great hit Thnx!!!!
If You Appreciate My work Please Donate & Help me Buy A Desktop Which will help me make Better ROMs!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to appdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blessedswine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
thanks i just felt wierd coming from inspire thier development area has some really really good roms for that phone, came here and was just overwhelmed with the choices and none seemed to stand out among the crowd. Ill give it a go i just really really despise touchwiz ui and its the reason i normally stay away from sammy phones, that and the fact samsung is extremely slow to put out new os's on their phones if they ever do...got burnt on the Behold 2 never got my update cause they never put it out.

appdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4308

DONATE TO ME
Yap its still young phone and we still have more roms compare to vivid and holiday combine. Once ICS comes than it will be different flashing game haha

Quote:
thanks i just felt wierd coming from inspire thier development area has some really really good roms for that phone, came here and was just overwhelmed with the choices and none seemed to stand out among the crowd. Ill give it a go i just really really despise touchwiz ui and its the reason i normally stay away from sammy phones, that and the fact samsung is extremely slow to put out new os's on their phones if they ever do...got burnt on the Behold 2 never got my update cause they never put it out.
Check out my blog, Everything about Android! & Click Here to See Android Tutorials on My Youtube.
I hate when People don't Thank after getting help So Got help! Great hit Thnx!!!!
If You Appreciate My work Please Donate & Help me Buy A Desktop Which will help me make Better ROMs!

Element_01303
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So does the Sky ICS ROM have Touchwiz removed? You state it is themed... but never removed... I just ask because I am very curious about this phone, but depise the iPhone rip-off that touchwiz brings to android.

appdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4308

DONATE TO ME
You won't see touchwiz unless you chose that launcher and if you don't chose that launcher than you won't see touch wiz. You got option there like ICS launcher and every other things like setting, contacts, and stuff is ics themed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_01303 View Post
So does the Sky ICS ROM have Touchwiz removed? You state it is themed... but never removed... I just ask because I am very curious about this phone, but depise the iPhone rip-off that touchwiz brings to android.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to appdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WMguy
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by appdroid View Post
You won't see touchwiz unless you chose that launcher and if you don't chose that launcher than you won't see touch wiz. You got option there like ICS launcher and every other things like setting, contacts, and stuff is ics themed.
exactly, you don't need to root or flash a custom rom to get rid of Touchwiz. For example, download "Gingerbread Launcher" and set as default when it prompts you. Turns your phone into a vanilla gingerbread android phone and Touchwiz is gone. I use ADW Launcher Ex and set it to "Fast" preset. Phone absolutely flies and no sign of Touchwiz anywhere. Stock everything for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to WMguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blessedswine
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
ive been having issues with ever single rom in here. my fav the nexusmod, facebook app doesnt work it makes me use the browser, a few others camera doesnt work or gps doesnt work. or its overclocked which makes the battery die faster. i just want a damn rom thats as basic as it can be but still have everything work... and only reason i hate touchwiz launcher is i dont use the email app and from what i read you cant remove it from that launcher bar.

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6639

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ive been having issues with ever single rom in here. my fav the nexusmod, facebook app doesnt work it makes me use the browser, a few others camera doesnt work or gps doesnt work. or its overclocked which makes the battery die faster. i just want a damn rom thats as basic as it can be but still have everything work... and only reason i hate touchwiz launcher is i dont use the email app and from what i read you cant remove it from that launcher bar.
WTF?

really?

does anyone actually understand that Touchwiz is MORE than a launcher?

and you cant remove it from the launcher bar? where did you hear such asinine things?

its pretty well documented all over the Touchwiz device forums how the launcher bar works....SMH

app drawer
menu button
view type
customizable grid
menu button
edit
drag n freakin drop what you want, where you want

DONE
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chance Ill
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Really? I make it my business to never take part in flaming or making a member feel unwanted, but really? What have you contributed to the community to make such a demand? Such a request shows your ignorance towards the hard work and dedication that is put into the work that you use for FREE!

If you are not satisfied with the the work the community provides, don't use it. I speak for the entire development community when I say Restore your device to stock and STFU you ungrateful bastard.

If i offended anyone, I apologize but it's individuals like this guy that make devs feel unappreciated.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
G2- RayGlobe
HTC One- ViperOne

Common sense is not common.....

IF SOMEONE HELPS YOU......THANK THEM!!!