Jiayu G3S MT6589 Bricked without any flashing

Search This thread

crackgm

Nov 22, 2009
Hello,
I have Jiayu G3S MT6589 and phone was working perfect, I was keeping it in my pocket and yesterday i took the phone off the pocket and i couldn't boot it. I can't charge it either. I tried to put other battery in my phone and it still didn't boot up. But when i connect it by USB i can see that its MTK USB Port, or MTK DA port or something like this (that's after installing drivers, before I installed it i was getting Unknown Device on the list - it shold be MT65xx Preloader) So i tried to flash a stock rom (SP flash tool), but i can't do it too - I'm getting error connected with DRAM, or the red bar is loading like 100% and then nothing..I can wait and wait and nothing more...
I didn't broke my phone like it was never on the floor or something like that and I didn't change Preloader by SP Flash Tools
It's very important to me to fix it fast because I'm working on dual sim and I need smartphone... I don't want to send it back to China - it would take at least 2 months to complete repair, so I'm determinated to do it on my own, but I need your help...

anonimo95

Mar 25, 2011
Hello,
I have Jiayu G3S MT6589 and phone was working perfect, I was keeping it in my pocket and yesterday i took the phone off the pocket and i couldn't boot it. I can't charge it either. I tried to put other battery in my phone and it still didn't boot up. But when i connect it by USB i can see that its MTK USB Port, or MTK DA port or something like this (that's after installing drivers, before I installed it i was getting Unknown Device on the list - it shold be MT65xx Preloader) So i tried to flash a stock rom (SP flash tool), but i can't do it too - I'm getting error connected with DRAM, or the red bar is loading like 100% and then nothing..I can wait and wait and nothing more...
I didn't broke my phone like it was never on the floor or something like that and I didn't change Preloader by SP Flash Tools
It's very important to me to fix it fast because I'm working on dual sim and I need smartphone... I don't want to send it back to China - it would take at least 2 months to complete repair, so I'm determinated to do it on my own, but I need your help...

if you didnt mess up with anything, its hw issue i would say

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Hello,

Hi

Try this:

1:Remove the battery, and keep the phone WITHOUT the battery for >2 hours
2: Re-insert the battery and charge the phone (check if its charging) either by the led (in case it haves one), or by the off-line charge animation
3: If its charging GOOD , continue to the next step, if its not, im affraid its really bricked (if the phone doesnt display the off-line charge animation its in most mtk devices an hard brick)
4: If the phone charges ok, then re-flash ALL the nand via SPFlashTools (including the pre-loader) keep in mind to flash the right spflashtools rom version
5: And of course you need to have the Mediatek drivers installed for this to work, if your using windows8 , you may have some drivers problems, since the mediatek drivers have issues with this windows version, so just use windows 7 or xp.

For the drivers download this ones:
http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=4282

This are Universal Mediatek drivers...

Good Luck
Best regards

Reactions: svprm and crackgm

crackgm

Nov 22, 2009
Hi

Try this:

2: Re-insert the battery and charge the phone (check if its charging) either by the led (in case it haves one), or by the off-line charge animation
3: If its charging GOOD , continue to the next step, if its not, im affraid its really bricked (if the phone doesnt display the off-line charge animation its in most mtk devices an hard brick)
4: If the phone charges ok, then re-flash ALL the nand via SPFlashTools (including the pre-loader) keep in mind to flash the right spflashtools rom version
5: And of course you need to have the Mediatek drivers installed for this to work, if your using windows8 , you may have some drivers problems, since the mediatek drivers have issues with this windows version, so just use windows 7 or xp.

Good Luck
Best regards
Thanks for your reply... I left the phone without battery for 4 hours, and it's not charging...
But what I've noticed:
When i connect phone with battery it shows on computer as MTK USB Port, then when i take the battery out (and it's still connected) it disappears, but when i hold VOL- it shows again, but still I can't flash...

I've checked voltage on phone (battery slot) and it's like 0.5V-2V when the phone is connected, so I guess the phone charges the battery...

Last edited:

crackgm

Nov 22, 2009
I've decided to send it back to Pandawill but they requested a short movie showing what is happening...
I'll send phone on Monday if it won't start, so if you have any ideas to make it work...I will be very happy
Thanks

haccker

May 17, 2007
I had this for a number of G3S and G3ST devices, usually after a year or two of usage. These emmc chips from china phones wear out too fast.
If you are know what you doing then if
1. Preloader is loaded but (so USB cable and internal cable between connection board and motherboard is ok)
I'm getting error connected with DRAM, or the red bar is loading like 100% and then nothing..I can wait and wait and nothing more...
its dead eMMC chip.
You can replace it in local service, you just need engineer skilled enough to make reboll. Also you can get a bonus - internal flash memory upgrade from 4GB to 8GB or maybe even more.
Detailed http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63339985&postcount=213

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Hi

Try this:

Good Luck
    Best regards