Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Canvas 2 Several applications have stopped working and contacts are missing

Tip us?

mugenishere
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Canvas 2 Several applications have stopped working and contacts are missing

Yesterday night while using the Micromax Canvas 2 phone it restarted itself. While restarting it showed some kind of message like "updating Android". However, after the phone started up the version remained the stock ICS - 4.0.4. Now it's showing the following problems:
  1. All contacts are gone except those from Phone memory
  2. Most of the apps don't work anymore. If I open an app it crashes and I get that "Stopped working" message
  3. Recently taken photographs are missing from the gallery.
  4. Some old photos that I had deleted from the gallery are now showing up again (which makes me believe that somehow it has been "restored to an earlier time" but don't know how that is possible
  5. Loads of recent messages are showing up as unread
  6. On starting the phone I got the "Thank you for purchasing Micromax... please register for support..." message

Does anyone have ANY idea what is going on in the phone? And how do I restore the contacts?

ron.appi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I m on thunderzap kernel 2.0 with suvi Rom v15 titan.
My call history isnot getting updated... after rebooting.. it updates for sometimes nd then...the problem starts again.... plssss someone help... what to do...??

Sent from my Micromax canvas 2 a110 using XDA premium 4 mobile app.

Sent from my Micromax canvas 2 a110 using XDA premium 4 mobile app.
Tags
canvas 2