Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can I get CM11 howto on Ouya

Tip us?

heartbeatek
Old
(Last edited by heartbeatek; 11th May 2014 at 07:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Where can I get CM11 howto on Ouya

Hello

I own Ouya for the month but most of time I use it as media-box for TV (watching movies, etc)

I have already rooted it and installed play market but i hate the stock UI and obsolate android
I saw a video in youtube with CM11 and ouya (android 4.4) and started to google the solution

I already know that it is based on Eternity Project kernel.

I found the way to install bootloader http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...ader-for-ouya/ and it is clear

The next step is to install kernel http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...hz-gpu-650mhz/ but it is unclear for me about fastboot command

The next step as I understand is to install CM11 from the CWM

Is it possible to install KitKat without EP kernel?

So If someone have detailed steps or howto on installing CM11 on ouya please give it to this thread

Thanks in advance

TwitchyEye
Old
Thanks Meter 218
I think this is what you're looking for. I'm not sure the EP boot loader is compatible but I'm sure its mentioned in the thread somewhere. Or in the bootmenu thread anyway.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51332165

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

quepaso
Old
Thanks Meter 88
This is the order you need to go:

Upgrade to newest clockwork mod from milaq in your recovery.

Then install the failsafe bootloader.

Then install cm11 from the new recovery, along with gapps he posted in the same thread Make sure to wipe all the stock stuff.

Thats it.

PHYSC-1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post

Then install cm11 from the new recovery, along with gapps he posted in the same thread Make sure to wipe all the stock stuff.

Thats it.
Can you put that in a bit more laymans desperate for a guide,you say wipe all stuff,do i backup my ouya in recovery first do i erase every thing and how please?

Sorry to be a pain f@cked it up once and had to unbrick already spent 48hrs repairing my ouya and put a guide up on how on here,because nobody puts it laymans online for this.I downloaded all files ready to download folder mate.

quepaso
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYSC-1 View Post
Can you put that in a bit more laymans desperate for a guide,you say wipe all stuff,do i backup my ouya in recovery first do i erase every thing and how please?

Sorry to be a pain f@cked it up once and had to unbrick already spent 48hrs repairing my ouya and put a guide up on how on here,because nobody puts it laymans online for this.I downloaded all files ready to download folder mate.
Its hard to lay it out, you need to go to the threads where the info is already layed out.

Do you already have a custom recovery installed like clockwork? Great, then go to the failsafe thread to get a newer version of the recovery, and the failsafe installer. If you do not, you need to go to the custom recovery threads as there are multiple, and get any type of custom recovery installed. Then from there, install the newer custom recovery from the failsafe thread, then the failsafe itself from within the new custom recovery, then from there you can install cm11 using the cm11 thread following the instructions.

PHYSC-1
Old
(Last edited by PHYSC-1; 22nd May 2014 at 11:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Its hard to lay it out, you need to go to the threads where the info is already layed out.

Do you already have a custom recovery installed like clockwork? Great, then go to the failsafe thread to get a newer version of the recovery, and the failsafe installer. If you do not, you need to go to the custom recovery threads as there are multiple, and get any type of custom recovery installed. Then from there, install the newer custom recovery from the failsafe thread, then the failsafe itself from within the new custom recovery, then from there you can install cm11 using the cm11 thread following the instructions.
Just realized cwm is removed,can't install using oneclickrecovery tool either fails says cannot find img etcetc,yet its all there no problems adb is fine and works.Fastboot driver i can't get running although listed yellow exclamation,any ideas?

Fixed it managed to get fastboot going downloaded the required missing dll files and win_usb.inf set up and used ouyatoolbox 1.0.0.0 to rewrite recovery,found i can no longer add the newer 6.0.4.8 recovery zip in update from zip in 6.0.3.2 recovery though? Used to be able to do that. Any way tmore to the point is can someone tell me the step by step process to add cm11 firmware so i don't have to read a load of b@llocks that doesn't end up giving less than nothing in terms of having a clue how,someone in the thread writes about erasing stuff and what oreder but that doesn't tell you how to install or what erase process is or anything detailed and the net has exactly the same misguided tutorials on how to do it.Tellinng a newbie to erase stuff means they will erase all the wrong stuff in all fairness it's good to have a slightly better idea by reading that but it doesn't go in depth or step by step.

All i have found is sites pointing back to the xda pages that do not explain it,it's like your expected to know everything before you have been taught and fill in the gaps off the top of your head.

RapperDMX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Thats it.

Exactly what he said, I just did these same steps on a 3rd new ouya yesterday and it went off without a hitch. The cm11 thread is long but honestly all the information you need is in the first few posts. If you were able to connect the ouya to USB and run oneclickroot then you're ready to get started.

Tags
cm11, howto, ouya