[ROM][UB][4.4.4][ZR][.230][OTA] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Alx31

May 15, 2013
XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Dogo owners.
Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since ZR is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
BigShotRob
Bionic Beast
dg4prez
Kejar31
mattmanwrx
morfic
nocoast
pixeldotz
slick_rick
winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.4, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Halo is gone due to bugs this feature was causing to other features, so omni switch is here to replace it.

Bugs:

None for now!
U tell me...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-Dogo_build3

Carbon Unofficial Dogo folder here

From now builds will be available for download from server here and or OTA

Dogo builds here, take build according to your device

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
Further changes are told in thread 
when i post for a new update

[U]build19:[/U]
Carbon sources updated to 4.4.3
repos updated

[U]build17:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
Power button longpress fixed

[U]build16:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
power button longpress gives soft reboot; don't use it

[U]build15:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
and commit for sms notifications cherry picked

[U]build13 and 14:[/U]
Carbon sources synced

[U]build12:[/U]
buggy don't use it

[U]build11:[/U]
carbon sources synced
display and media caf sources merged

[U]build10:[/U]
fusion3 common repo updated
Carbon sources synced
theme engine still broken

[U]build9:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
Led manager is back but theme still giving fcs

[U]build8:[/U]
Carbon sources synced

[U]build7:[/U]
device repos updated and Carbon sources synced...

[U]build6:[/U]
compiling from cm kernel sources
updated fusion3-common with mp decision fixes

[U]build5:[/U]
slim's kernel sources merged...test build

[U]builds 1 to 4:
[/U]see original carbon team's gerrit page
Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, obviously Team Carbon

Special thanks to these guys who teach me everything =) :

@percy_g2
@x10forevers
@Abhinav2
@Thibou for testing

Donations
@wai10691
@Thibou

#include

Last edited:

wai10691

Aug 16, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thank you so much for this ROM for ZR !! Been waiting for very long time!

Edit 1: Successfully flashed the ROM and restored all apps with titanium backup. Will run it for few days and report back. So far it's smooth!! It flies!

Edit 2 : Enabled Double-Tap to Wake but it doesn't work. The screen lights up after double tap, but the screen doesn't detect any touch anymore.

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Yup thanks i know...will try to cherry pick it on next build...

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Reactions: wai10691

juanenbas

Jul 18, 2009
Buenos Aires
Thank you so much for this ROM for ZR !! Been waiting for very long time!

Edit 1: Successfully flashed the ROM and restored all apps with titanium backup. Will run it for few days and report back. So far it's smooth!! It flies!

Edit 2 : Enabled Double-Tap to Wake but it doesn't work. The screen lights up after double tap, but the screen doesn't detect any touch anymore.

My friend could I ask you a favor
Please install MX PLAYER and verify is the sound is OK, or give you any wrong noice
Thanks by advance

Regards
Juan

Alx31

May 15, 2013
First i will try to provide this carbon to devices wich doesn t have it (in KK) and then i will update, i built it for Tab Z but having issues with carbon fibers

This one here is bugless or almost...if some changes are done to sources and gives more functions i will update asap, and will try to bring more roms to zr too...

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Reactions: ayene and wai10691

gmengass

Mar 3, 2012
possible bug?

Hi Alx31TLse,

Not sure if its a bug or I'm just a noob, but i tried to add some lock screen shortcuts. on the lockscreen however they get displayed in a straight line below the time widget but there is no way select them.

If i enable 8 lockscreen shortcuts i then cannot select which shortcuts i would like to add, it gets greyed out.

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Hi Alx31TLse,

Not sure if its a bug or I'm just a noob, but i tried to add some lock screen shortcuts. on the lockscreen however they get displayed in a straight line below the time widget but there is no way select them.

If i enable 8 lockscreen shortcuts i then cannot select which shortcuts i would like to add, it gets greyed out.

ok will take a look into it...still not a pro in development so be easy with me :laugh:

Alx31

May 15, 2013
Can you include fast charge in next update?

i m not promising anything but will try to cherry pick it...ok ;)

Hi Alx31TLse,

Hum my tester says its working ok...could someone else confirm its buggy or not please?

Reactions: ayene and wai10691
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Dogo owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since ZR is not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.4, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Halo is gone due to bugs this feature was causing to other features, so omni switch is here to replace it.

Bugs:

None for now!
    U tell me...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-Dogo_build3

Carbon Unofficial Dogo folder here

From now builds will be available for download from server here and or OTA

Dogo builds here, take build according to your device

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
    Further changes are told in thread 
    when i post for a new update

[U]build19:[/U]
    Carbon sources updated to 4.4.3
    repos updated

[U]build17:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    Power button longpress fixed

[U]build16:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    power button longpress gives soft reboot; don't use it

[U]build15:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    and commit for sms notifications cherry picked

[U]build13 and 14:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced

[U]build12:[/U]
    buggy don't use it

[U]build11:[/U]
    carbon sources synced
    display and media caf sources merged

[U]build10:[/U]
    fusion3 common repo updated
    Carbon sources synced
    theme engine still broken

[U]build9:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    Led manager is back but theme still giving fcs

[U]build8:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced

[U]build7:[/U]
    device repos updated and Carbon sources synced...

[U]build6:[/U]
    compiling from cm kernel sources
    updated fusion3-common with mp decision fixes

[U]build5:[/U]
    slim's kernel sources merged...test build

[U]builds 1 to 4:
    [/U]see original carbon team's gerrit page
    Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, obviously Team Carbon

Special thanks to these guys who teach me everything =) :

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers
    @Abhinav2
    @Thibou for testing

Donations
    @wai10691
    @Thibou

#include
    New build is finally up.

Build 24 here

Carbon sources updated
    took off linaro toolchain since its not bringing up nothing better...

Carbon's changelog here
    Ok guyz here a new build

u can try to update it via ota but im pretty sure u will get tons of fcs...

This update contains all latest CM official merges of stock sony .230 ...yeah finally :laugh:

That build will be available in few hours from now...soon as my network admin wake his a*ss up :laugh:

Build 32 here

Changelog

Carbon sources updated
    Repos updated to latest cm merges

I recommand clean install on this one ;)
    New build is up

Build 21 here

Carbon's sources upgraded to 4.4.4

Carbon's changelog here
    New build is in queue number 4 on server...

means in an 5/6 hours it should be available for download.

Build 27 to be uploaded here

Changelog:

Carbon sources updated
    Repos synced

Carbon's changelog here