This is a known way to root any android phone with an unlocked bootloader. I tested it on my ZR, it just works fine and is easy & fast to follow !
It works for all firmwares and it's a good way to root the latest stock rom (eg .67 / .244 or even KitKat firmwares).
Note: I'm not responsible if something happens to your device ! Just follow the procedure and all'd be fine !
- Unlock bootloader
- Flash any CWM-containing kernel
- Boot into recovery and flash su-bin-arm-signed.zip (or this one that worked for me on KitKat)
- Revert back to stock kernel
- Install SuperSU and update su.bin
Instructions for noobies (yes I didn't forget you !)
- Unlock your bootloader.
You may want to backup your TA before. In this case you need an already rooted phone. I personnaly downgraded mine to .310 then rooted it with Doom's toolkit to be able to backup my TA.
- Download and copy the following file to your phone: su-bin-arm-signed.zip (or this one for 4.3)
- Install the firmware you want to be on when the phone gets rooted
- Flash a kernel that contains CWM, for example this one which comes from CM 10.1 FXP234a (you can also try to hotboot it, didn't work for me).
You can flash it with a command line or a soft like FlashTool:
- In FlashTool select Flash > Fastboot mode
- Connect the phone in fastboot mode : when powered off, connect it to your laptop while pressing Volume + key. You can release the key when the LED turns blue
- Select the kernel to flash and run the operation
- Boot into recovery:
- Power on the phone
- When the led turns violet at boot for 3", press Volume +
- Now you are in recovery. Use Volume buttons to navigate and Power to confirm.
- Select Install zip > Choose zip from sdcard or external sdcard (depending where you put the .zip to flash)
- Choose su-bin-arm-signed.zip
- Go to Advanded > Power off
- Flash back the stock kernel corresponding to the firmware installed on the phone (.244 -> .244 kernel). You can for example use Flashtool:
- Download the .ftf of the build installed on your phone (no matter the location of the firmware)
- Run Flashtool
- Do Flash > Flashmode and select the .ftf you downloaded
- Uncheck anything on the "Wipe" colon
- Check everything on the "Exclude" colon except "KERNEL"
You should now only have kernel.sin and loader.sin on the content colon.
- Click on Flash
- Connect the phone in flash mode : when powered off, connect it to your laptop while pressing Volume - key. You can release the key when the LED turns green
- Reboot the phone, install SuperSU, run it and update the su binary
- You can relock the bootloader with Backup TA to recover warranty or Bravia Engine 2 without losing root.
- Stock .310 kernel
- Stock .244 kernel
- Stock .67 kernel
- Stock .569 kernel for C5503 / C5502
- Instructions by gspbeetle
- Team FXP for the kernel
Sorry for my bad english and I hope I helped