Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon XT912 Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 MMS Problem

Tip us?

maskedpotatoe
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Verizon XT912 Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 MMS Problem

Dear Genius Developer Community,

First let me say thanks for the MOUNTAINS of information I have mooched from your collective brains over the last 5 or so years. From the time Android first launched you guys have made my whole experience more enjoyable.

I am using a Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX (XT912) on Verizon running Cyanogenmod 10.1.2 and the built in messaging application with Safestrap 3.11. Great phone made even better by a great ROM. The only issue I have had so far is a strange intermittent MMS problem: sometimes I just don't receive the message. Texting is fine and all other data access is perfect. Sometimes they come through, and sometimes they don't. When they don't, if I reboot the phone I can receive them again (at least for a time) but the ones that were sent during the down time never come through. Below are the things that I have tried and the effects they have had (if any). Any light you guys can shed here is greatly appreciated.

Wi-Fi
I read somewhere that MMS wouldn't send without a mobile data connection so I have tried completely disabling Wi-Fi - no effect.

Access Points
Everything I have found points to the Access Points being wrong and so I have messed with them for days going so far as to delete telephony.db and COMPLETELY removing all of the default access points replacing them with the EXACT APNs from the stock ROM - no effect.

Rebooting
Whenever I reboot my phone I can receive again. As previously stated, nothing sent before ever comes in but I can now receive new...for a time. Eventually I will get a text from someone "did you get that pic?" - temporary fix.

As an additional note, on the stock ROM I have never had an MMS issue of any kind so I know it's not a service or phone issue.

rev.buttons
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I to have been having issues with my MMS. But I run the newest nightly of avatar ROM. It is based off of Cyanogenmod from what I understand. Any who I'm having issues with my MMS not allowing me to send pics. This is only on this ROM. I had carbon and it seemed like it worked fine. Any way does anyone have a fix for this or is it a known issue with the Cyanogenmod at this point. And sorry, hope you don't feel I jacked your thread. We just both have a similar issue.

TheHoboSlayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you are running adblock plus turn it off. This fixed my issue

chaosnyx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My MMS usually doesn't work on most custom ROMs, I switched to the handcent app and MMS always works.
Tags
cyanogenmod, mms, razr