Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,648 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official ViperMax Theme Thread

Tip us?

Jm@n
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
Default Official ViperMax Theme Thread

So, you've downloaded and been blown away by the most advanced ROM on the HTC One Max - ViperMax!!

Well, the fun doesn't end there! Thanks to Team Venom's powerful theme engine, you can change multiple elements of the theme on the fly - a never-before seen feature on any ROM.

Of course as with anything new, there is much confusion how this works. The aim of this thread is to clarify how to change various aspects of the theme, and unleash the full power of the Viper!

There are 2 aspects to themeing on ViperMax:
  • The built in theme engine (covering statusbar icons, Sense icons, wallpapers, fonts etc)
  • The full flashable theme, which completely transforms the look of your device

To some degree, the effects of these are independent. So you can change aspects of the built in theme without changing the skin, or change the skin but keep theme elements. Or even keep everything, and just change the Sense icons. The possibilities are endless.

The secret to ViperMax's stunning good looks is a combination of the above, and you can find more information on this over the next 4 posts

Please post any theme questions / issues here rather than on the main ROM thread, let's keep that clean for ROM issues.

Thank you
Phones = HTC One Max / Evo Lte / Thunderbolt / Incredible 2 / Droid 1
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
(Last edited by Jm@n; 8th May 2014 at 10:33 PM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME

So, you've had a play around with the Venom Hub and seen how many customization options are available. But somehow, it's not quite enough?! This is a full flashable theme that takes the customization to the next level.

Download ViperMax Red Theme
ViperMax Red Theme is compatible with ViperMax 1.0.1
Download ViperMax 2.0.0 Red Theme
ViperMax Red Theme is compatible with ViperMax 2.0.0

[CENTER]

DarkMax!! by @Basil3 Darkmax Theme is compatible with ViperMax 1.0.1

[CENTER]

LightMaxBlue!! by @Basil3 LightMaxBlue1.0.0 Theme is compatible with ViperMax 1.0.1

Just flash the zip through recovery. To revert back, just reflash the ROM without wiping.

Special thanks to @rayford85 and the original Red Venom Team, and @Basil3 for all his help!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
(Last edited by Jm@n; 7th January 2014 at 12:51 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME

So you've read about the revolutionary theme engine in the ROM thread. But what exactly can you do with it? Basically, it allows you to alter some of the graphical elements on the fly, without needing to flash or even reboot.

Using Venom Tweaks, you can change the appearance of:
  • Statusbar icons
  • EQS icons
  • Battery icons
  • Sense icons
  • Notification shade background
  • App drawer background

These elements are all independent and can be changed to suit your tastes. So, you can use icons from different icon sets to mix and match your own personal theme.

But that's not all. Take a closer look at the screens where you choose statusbar themes and icon sets. You'll notice that each supported statusbar icon can be changed independently. So you like wifi icon from theme A, but battery from theme B? No problem, download both and mix it up as much as you want. You're only limited by what's available in the Hub.

And if there's some icons you want that aren't in the Hub? That's what the Venom kitchen is for.....

As if the ROM wasn't customisable enough, the ROM devs have also developed the Venom theme kitchen.

Really want some statusbar icons that aren't in the Hub,or got a great idea for a set of Sense icons? Why not make it yourself and share it with others via the Venom Hub?!

We've put some themes in the Hub to get you started, but the aim is to fill it with user generated content.
We've tried to make the tutorial as easy as possible, but if you have any questions, here's the place to ask.

Post your completed themes here, with a screenshot. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!

One thing we ask though - ideally you'd be using icons you've created yourself. If you are going to use someone's else icons, please ask them for their permission first.
We all spend a lot of our free time making these, and it's really annoying to see your work ripped off by someone else! I'm sure you'd all agree.

If you used icons from the UOT kitchen, then say so.

Happy theming!

Download the Venom Theming Tutorial here
Thanks to @ViNOK16Bit for the latest update!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
(Last edited by Jm@n; 13th March 2014 at 02:36 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME

This post will be a go-to for all user contributions in this thread. I will also try to upload to the HUB when I get a chance, but all links will remain here as well. A lot of the icon packs such as the ones found in this post will also install and work on the Max.

SENSE ICON PACKS:
Install apk then select using Venom Tweaks > Sense > Icon Pack

Button Icons by @ViNOK16Bit
Metal Icons by @ViNOK16Bit
Metal Punched Icons by @ViNOK16Bit
Ubuntu Icons by @ViNOK16Bit
Icon packs by @SMJx
Wood Icons (and wallpaper) by @Pfaffinator
Dark Miui Icons by @ViNOK16Bit
Icon packs by @SMJx
SC49 Black by @ViNOK16Bit
Black and white icon theme by @Pfaffinator
SC62 Black by @ViNOK16Bit
Viper One Stock Grey by @janarp
Whiteline Icon Set by Basil3
Venom Red by Basil3
Sense 5 Circle by Basil3
Sense 5 Circle Dark theme by Basil3
STATUS BAR / EQS THEMES

KEYBOARDS:

BOOT/DOWN ANIMATIONS:

SPLASH SCREENS:

SENSE CLOCKS:

WEATHER:

WALLPAPERS:

TWRP RECOVERY THEMES:
TWRP Recovery themes are flashed with fastboot

Sprint
Here

Verizon
Here

International
Here

Thanks @z31s1g for the originals
Thanks @abusalza for making them for the One Max

OTHER MODS:
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ViNOK16Bit
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,924

DONATE TO ME
Nice to see there is an official ViperMax theme thread! Good luck and happy theming!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ViNOK16Bit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME

Sent from ViperMax Sprint
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
(Last edited by Jm@n; 25th January 2014 at 04:24 AM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
Ok these will theme Sprint and Verizon ,and many others icons. Also 3 superSu icons , 3 trickster icons and the 2 app drawer icons are in there. I will keep adding if people tell me the app.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqnlc10ahh3bc2k/Stock_Red.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa6wo208hqn3jif/Red_Eqs.apk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrandMasterB
Old
Thanks Meter 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm@n View Post
Ok these will theme Sprint, Verizon and many others icons. I can keep adding if people tell me the app

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqnlc10ahh3bc2k/Stock_Red.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa6wo208hqn3jif/Red_Eqs.apk

LOVE the RED. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrandMasterB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
Glad you like it . No problem

The Following User Says Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jm@n
Old
(Last edited by Jm@n; 25th January 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 863

DONATE TO ME
Same thing just blue

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bp3jlikmt018ih/Blue_Eqs.apk

https://www.dropbox.com/s/al8zr1td1u...Stock_Blue.apk

Also if you are using the red prism theme , re-download please , there's new icons

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jm@n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]