FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Auto-root using sgh-i727??

24th March 2014, 08:43 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
So, any auto-root guides I find instruct to use the autoroot file for sghi727, which is an AT&T Model, not even a galaxy S phone as far as I can tell.
are either of the following guides accurate?
http://www.droidgator.com/how-to-roo...y-s4-sch-i545/
http://wccftech.com/guide-root-veriz...xy-s4-schi545/

Ive screwed up too many times being impatient and jumping at the first guide I see. Can I get confirmation on how to Auto-root SCH-i545?
I do not want to install roms and don't really need a recovery, just wanting to know how to auto-root.
 
 
24th March 2014, 08:49 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 335
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varxtis

So, any auto-root guides I find instruct to use the autoroot file for sghi727, which is an AT&T Model, not even a galaxy S phone as far as I can tell.
are either of the following guides accurate?
http://www.droidgator.com/how-to-roo...y-s4-sch-i545/
http://wccftech.com/guide-root-veriz...xy-s4-schi545/

Ive screwed up too many times being impatient and jumping at the first guide I see. Can I get confirmation on how to Auto-root SCH-i545?
I do not want to install roms and don't really need a recovery, just wanting to know how to auto-root.

You should check this thread out before you go any further. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
24th March 2014, 11:48 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

You should check this thread out before you go any further. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501

First off, I appreciate the reply. I did go ahead and read most of what was on the link you gave me, along with some of the links provided there-in... and from what I can tell, it doesn't cover "auto-root" options, it's ability or inability. Only to confirm that I cannot flash custom recoveries onto it, which I don't have any interest in doing anyway, as my firmware base is VRUEMK2 even if I was interested.

My question still remains: Is there an auto-root method/option for SCH-i545
25th March 2014, 12:02 AM |#4  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varxtis

So, any auto-root guides I find instruct to use the autoroot file for sghi727, which is an AT&T Model, not even a galaxy S phone as far as I can tell.
are either of the following guides accurate?
http://www.droidgator.com/how-to-roo...y-s4-sch-i545/
http://wccftech.com/guide-root-veriz...xy-s4-schi545/

Ive screwed up too many times being impatient and jumping at the first guide I see. Can I get confirmation on how to Auto-root SCH-i545?
I do not want to install roms and don't really need a recovery, just wanting to know how to auto-root.

I'll not sure exactly what you're looking for in an Auto Root.

But it doesn't get any easier than Saferoot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758



Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 12:59 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

I'll not sure exactly what you're looking for in an Auto Root.

But it doesn't get any easier than Saferoot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758



Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You weren't kidding. Extremely easy. "Saferoot" is basically exactly what I was looking for. I guess there are various terms for the same process... "auto-root" is the one im more familiar with, which from what I can tell, usually uses Odin. Thank you very very much, I appreciate the help.
25th March 2014, 06:35 AM |#6  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by varxtis

You weren't kidding. Extremely easy. "Saferoot" is basically exactly what I was looking for. I guess there are various terms for the same process... "auto-root" is the one im more familiar with, which from what I can tell, usually uses Odin. Thank you very very much, I appreciate the help.

Glad that worked for you. You were probably thinking of CF Auto Root which is also really really easy to do, just not possible on our Verizon S4s ...of course lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes