Thanks Meter 1087
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Corner of the earth
Originally Posted by Alex_007
An uprage for KitKat arrived on my N9005 and I don't know if I should install it. I have the international Note3 version with MJ7 firmware and I would like to root my phone and install alternative ROM without knox tripping.
Does it make any sense to wait for safe way to root the phone?
KK for me is way much better than JB. Battery life is way much better than JB, and it is much smoother. This is what I've experienced on my phone. So it's your decision to make. But, my suggestion, if you want to upgrade, don't take from OTA, better you flash from ODIN (download the official firmware from samfirmware, and flash it from ODIN), and do a factory reset after that.
If you still want to stay at MJ7, and root it, I can only tell you, up to now I write this, there's still no method for a safe tripping root method for MJ7, because this firmware has a new bootloader for 4.3 which has a samsung patch.
And don't ever think to downgrade to earlier 4.3, coz this is also impossible.
If you want to safe your KNOX flag, at the moment, don't root. If you want to root, you have to let go your KNOX flag.
You can wait, but nobody knows how long you should wait. because at the other end, samsung also keep on updating its bootloader.
Choice is yours, mate.
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man