FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] KitKat Help please :)

20th March 2014, 03:07 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Joliet
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm Rooted on 4.3 with CWM now I wanna go to 4.4.2 with the new modem so what the best way for me to do this without loosing anything? & with that unlimited tethering mod do I just flash that?
 
 
20th March 2014, 05:12 PM |#2  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
More
I'd flash the modem this way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678774

Then pick a 4.4.2 ROM from the developers section.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 07:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Joliet
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

I'd flash the modem this way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2678774

Then pick a 4.4.2 ROM from the developers section.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

But I'm on the 4.3 Bootloader so it won't work for me
20th March 2014, 09:16 PM |#4  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
More
Which part? The flashing the modem part?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

On page one of the modem thread somebody says:

"This can also be flashed if you are running a non-stock kitkat rom with the MK2 bootloader and want to try your luck with the new kitkat modem (gsm). Unless I'm missing something."


Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

So it seems like it's worth a try to flash the new modem.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2014, 08:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Joliet
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Which part? The flashing the modem part?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

On page one of the modem thread somebody says:

"This can also be flashed if you are running a non-stock kitkat rom with the MK2 bootloader and want to try your luck with the new kitkat modem (gsm). Unless I'm missing something."


Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

So it seems like it's worth a try to flash the new modem.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

But I'm not running a KitKat rom.... I'm trying to get stock 4.4.2 with CWM and root
22nd March 2014, 05:04 PM |#6  
Postman68's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inick73376

But I'm not running a KitKat rom.... I'm trying to get stock 4.4.2 with CWM and root

4.4.2 is KitKat
24th March 2014, 05:36 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Joliet
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman68

4.4.2 is KitKat

Ok? but i'm not running KitKat....
24th March 2014, 07:13 AM |#8  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,226
 
More
Have you considered using Odin to flash the stock 4.3 image, and then taking the update and then rooting etc.?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 07:25 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Joliet
Thanks Meter: 4
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android_Monsters

Have you considered using Odin to flash the stock 4.3 image, and then taking the update and then rooting etc.?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

that is what I did so thanks Mods can close this thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes