Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

ADB on KK 4.4.2 ROM

20th March 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61

290 posts
Hi All,

I was trying to enable the ADB with PAC ROM when my evita is switched on as we do on sense roms.

But my Windows 7 PC is unable to detect the phone as android and It was searching for drivers online and at last failing to find the drivers.

I have HTC Android drivers installed on my PC and android debugging enabled on my evita.

Is this is the known behaviour of KK 4.4.2 AOSP ROM's ??
20th March 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,430

13,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not that I know of, I've had no problems using adb on any of the KitKat ROMs I've tried. How have you installed the drivers?

Sent from my Evita
20th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 335

1,118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish804

Hi All,

I was trying to enable the ADB with PAC ROM when my evita is switched on as we do on sense roms.

But my Windows 7 PC is unable to detect the phone as android and It was searching for drivers online and at last failing to find the drivers.

I have HTC Android drivers installed on my PC and android debugging enabled on my evita.

Is this is the known behaviour of KK 4.4.2 AOSP ROM's ??

I've had this issue quite a lot as well. ADB won't ever work when booted into the ROM, but if you boot into fastboot, no problems at all. What happens is that it searched for drivers, then can't find them.
20th March 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

13,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scozzar

I've had this issue quite a lot as well. ADB won't ever work when booted into the ROM, but if you boot into fastboot, no problems at all. What happens is that it searched for drivers, then can't find them.

Are you talking about adb commands working in fastboot? Or fastboot commands working in fastboot?

Sent from my Evita
20th March 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #5  

1,118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Are you talking about adb commands working in fastboot? Or fastboot commands working in fastboot?

Sent from my Evita

Nah, I should have specified.

Basically, when you get the phone all situated to work with adb (USB debugging and the like), command prompt will not find the device. It just says:

Code:
List of devices

(working directory)
It just turns up blank. However, as soon as you boot into fastboot, fastboot commands usually work fine.
20th March 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

13,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok. It can be a huge hassle, I had the opposite problem. My adb was working beautifully on my new laptop but I couldn't get fastboot working with official HTC drivers. Ended up using the drivers from pdanet to get it to work, but they ended up not being compatible with RUUs. So tried with the official HTC drivers again, plugged in my fiance's Evita instead of mine, and bam! Perfect driver setup. Go figure. The amount of times I've helped people on XDA get their drivers working and it took me like three friggin days.

Sent from my Evita
20th March 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #7  

1,118 posts
More
Quote:

Ok. It can be a huge hassle, I had the opposite problem. My adb was working beautifully on my new laptop but I couldn't get fastboot working with official HTC drivers. Ended up using the drivers from pdanet to get it to work, but they ended up not being compatible with RUUs. So tried with the official HTC drivers again, plugged in my fiance's Evita instead of mine, and bam! Perfect driver setup. Go figure. The amount of times I've helped people on XDA get their drivers working and it took me like three friggin days.

Sent from my Evita

Wait, so you have two kinds of drivers installed? I usually just get the HTC Sync drivers, then uninstall HTC sync and leave the drivers.
20th March 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

13,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
No, only one set of drivers. When the official HTC drivers didn't work with fastboot I uninstalled them and used the pdanet drivers. When the pdanet drivers didn't work with the RUU I uninstalled them and installed the HTC drivers again.

Sent from my Evita
20th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61

290 posts
Quote:

No, only one set of drivers. When the official HTC drivers didn't work with fastboot I uninstalled them and used the pdanet drivers. When the pdanet drivers didn't work with the RUU I uninstalled them and installed the HTC drivers again.

Sent from my Evita

PDANet drivers worked for me as well. But my device is showing as Offline, what could be the reason for this?
21st March 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

13,511 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish804

PDANet drivers worked for me as well. But my device is showing as Offline, what could be the reason for this?

You need to have your screen on and accept the prompt that pops up.

Sent from my Evita

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread