Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MOAR 9.0 no wifi no data

Tip us?

gs3-learning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MOAR 9.0 no wifi no data

Hello. I have saferoot'ed and safestrap'ed my SCH i535. I then flashed MOAR rom on a separate partition and launched MOAR 9.0! Now the problem is that I cannot get WIFI to work. My data doesn't work either, since I am using an AT&T sim in a VZW phone. I can get the data to work on stock rom. Anyone else having these issues? Any suggestion?

gs3-learning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs3-learning View Post
Hello. I have saferoot'ed and safestrap'ed my SCH i535. I then flashed MOAR rom on a separate partition and launched MOAR 9.0! Now the problem is that I cannot get WIFI to work. My data doesn't work either, since I am using an AT&T sim in a VZW phone. I can get the data to work on stock rom. Anyone else having these issues? Any suggestion?
OK. I have the data working, it had mistyped my APN . However I still don't have WIFI. Anyone else having this issue?

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
OK. I have the data working, it had mistyped my APN . However I still don't have WIFI. Anyone else having this issue?
Did you flash the kernel modules after you flashed moar from the safestrap thread?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

gs3-learning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Badusername,

I don't quiet follow. How do you flash kernel modules? Can you point me in the right direction, BTW I followed the link here

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 642
Quote:
Badusername,

I don't quiet follow. How do you flash kernel modules? Can you point me in the right direction, BTW I followed the link here
In the safestrap thread there are kernel modules you need to flash following every rom installation, you flash them after each rom installation on the new slot. If you don't wifi won't work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gs3-learning
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I re-read the safestrap post again and found that I missed the step you mentioned! Thanks for the clarification. Is there anything I can do to get my VZW phone get faster data speeds. Using Ookla, I get ~0.14Mbps download and 0.10 upload speeds. Thanks.