Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

i9000 BOJP3 boot loop need help

OP valykuu

20th March 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hello! I have an i9000 BOJP3 T-Mobile branding and i wanted to root it. I tried flashing semaphore kernel with odin but now it's stucked on a boot loop. Please tell me which kernel should I flash. Thank's. Hope you'll help me
21st March 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #2  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,869
 
3,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by valykuu

Hello! I have an i9000 BOJP3 T-Mobile branding and i wanted to root it. I tried flashing semaphore kernel with odin but now it's stucked on a boot loop. Please tell me which kernel should I flash. Thank's. Hope you'll help me

Don't worry, your phone will be fine - when you flash a compatible kernel with Odin, everything will work again.
You have simply flashed a wrong kernel for your firmware, as there are no Semaphore kernels for Froyo.

You need Odin version of Speedmod kernel:
SpeedMod K13E with HZ=500*(Recommended)
from here:
http://touristinparadise.blogspot.ch...-speedmod.html

Simply flash it with Odin in download mode again and all will be fine.
Last edited by tetakpatak; 21st March 2014 at 04:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Don't worry, your phone will be fine - when you flash a compatible kernel with Odin, everything will work again.
You have simply flashed a wrong kernel for your firmware, as there are no Semaphore kernels for Froyo.

Simply flash it with Odin in download mode again and all will be fine.

Thx a lot. You rock
23rd March 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #4  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,869
 
3,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by valykuu

Thx a lot. You rock

So is it now everything fine again?

In Speedmod's CWM recovery is under "advanced Speedmod features" an option "ROOT / install superuser. Simply choose it and after reboot you will have root access.
Last edited by tetakpatak; 23rd March 2014 at 01:24 AM.
24th March 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

So is it now everything fine again?

In Speedmod's CWM recovery is under "advanced Speedmod features" an option "ROOT / install superuser. Simply choose it and after reboot you will have root access.

Yes, I installed C-ROM 4.4.2 firmware and everything is fine now. My baseband changed from i9000bojp3 to i9000xxjvt.
24th March 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #6  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,869
 
3,741 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by valykuu

Yes, I installed C-ROM 4.4.2 firmware and everything is fine now. My baseband changed from i9000bojp3 to i9000xxjvt.

Great. Most of the custom ROMs use XXJVT as it works basically everywhere.
Good luck with your new rom/phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes