Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

broke phone - need advice

Tip us?

deadenz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Default broke phone - need advice

I cracked the screen on my g pro so I ordered a new screen kit. while attempting to replace it I ripped the coaxial cable from the tiny metal thing it was inside of.... can that coaxial cable be ordered somewhere? should I just sell the phone and screen replacement for parts? any advice would be appreciated. I don't actually need the phone anymore, I ordered an LG Flex.. so what should I do with the G pro?
LG G FLEX

cougar214
Old
(Last edited by cougar214; 24th March 2014 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
I'm gonna assume you mean you damaged the ribbon cable on the new screen replacement? If that's so then it's up to you. If you no longer really need the phone then you could just sell it for parts. But it would be worth more if you fix it. If all you damaged was the ribbon cable on the new screen then just buy another one. Or if it's not bad you could try to just adhere the cable back to the screen and continue the repair and see if it works. If what you're saying is you ripped the cable from the connector COMPLETELY then yeah. You're gonna need to buy another replacement screen.

Sorry if I'm making you more confused. I'm just trying to picture exactly what you did. If you could post a pic that would be good.

esimon311
Old
(Last edited by esimon311; 24th March 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
If you are referring to this little wire.
[See attached photo] Then yes you can order it. On Amazon or eBay. They run about 5 bucks.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/6...eplacement.jpg

deadenz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar214 View Post
I'm gonna assume you mean you damaged the ribbon cable on the new screen replacement? If that's so then it's up to you. If you no longer really need the phone then you could just sell it for parts. But it would be worth more if you fix it. If all you damaged was the ribbon cable on the new screen then just buy another one. Or if it's not bad you could try to just adhere the cable back to the screen and continue the repair and see if it works. If what you're saying is you ripped the cable from the connector COMPLETELY then yeah. You're gonna need to buy another replacement screen.

Sorry if I'm making you more confused. I'm just trying to picture exactly what you did. If you could post a pic that would be good.
I understood.. it was the cable esimon found. Thanks tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimon311 View Post
If you are referring to this little wire.
[See attached photo] Then yes you can order it. On Amazon or eBay. They run about 5 bucks.

I just paid close to $20 for one 😣

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/6...eplacement.jpg

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 950

DONATE TO ME
I replaced one on my old note ..it was simple

*SHAYNEZ*KCCO*E980*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Ah ok. Yeah that's the antenna cable. simple fix for a couple bucks and you're back in business.

deadenz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Is swappa the best place to sell once I fix it?

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
LG G FLEX

cougar214
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Sorry, I've never heard of swappa. I'd use Ebay personally.

deadenz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Swappa is part of xda isn't it? Or theres at least a link to it at the top of every xda page lol

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
LG G FLEX

cougar214
Old
(Last edited by cougar214; 26th March 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Would you believe I never noticed that?....lol. I usually don't pap any attention to banners, ads, etc. Ima check it out now....hahahahaha

EDIT: Hey no sellers fees! Go for it man....lol