Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any Flex users thinking at all about the S5 or M8?

Tip us?

sweets55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default Any Flex users thinking at all about the S5 or M8?

I love my curve (Flex) and I know it's way to early to even think about another phone but being the phone junkie I am it's hard not to. Just wondering if any Flex users thought about trying a S5 or M8 when they come out? I doubt I would get another phone but I did get a good deal on my Flex and or have a jump to use so I wouldn't be spending more money. I used a S4 for about a year which is long for me. I'm just not feeling the rehashed design. I liked the HTC One, so I would probably like the M8.

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
So way hose, I'm coming from the s4,s5 only point 1 inch bigger. Can't go down regardless of the better resolution

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3500

DONATE TO ME
curious as to what the new HTC phone actually looks like and does, but, as far as any Samsung stuff, no thanks, until they actually come up with something "new", not just continued rehashing of the tired, old Galaxy/note stuff

sweets55
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
As far as the screen size I don't think I care that much between 5in or 6in. I kind of like having a smaller phone in the Spring/Summer time.

I guess one good thing with the Sammy phones and maybe even HTC is development should be good. As of now I'm fine with stock on my Flex but down the road I might want change things up.

I know the #1 thing I would miss with the Flex is the great battery life. As of now LG is top dog with that.

droe411
Old
Thanks Meter 335

DONATE TO ME
There are 2 phones I am waiting on, the LG G Pro 2 and the Note 4. Other than that I don't see anything worth getting that excited about. After saying that if I had the opportunity to get an S5 or M8 I wouldn't say no.
Previous Phones: Samsung Blackjack II, Htc Fuze, Motorola Backflip, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Htc Inspire, Samsung Infuse, Nexus S, Htc Inspire, Samsung Galaxy SII, Motorola Atrix 4G, Htc One X, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, Samsung Focus, Nexus S, Samsung Infuse, Motorola Moto X.

Current Phone: LG G Flex

New to XDA? you need to Watch Thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmvCpR45LKA

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Note 4?how soon is that? Specs?

imitenotbecrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I'll probably get an s5 and m8 but I'll keep the flex as my main phone. Sucks I'll have to now use a nano adapter for the s5.

sent from the new G Flex
Future
G3
Current
S5
Past
GFlex Nexus4 Note12.2 G2GNOTE2SGS4Hero H2000+TF300FascinateIncredibleGnexNoteCaptivateONE X
SkyrocketveerVividFocusNexus S 4gAtrix2SGS2infuseiP4

Sess
Old
Thanks Meter 25
M8 looks interesting. It's no lytro but the dual camera could be quite nice if the resolution is not as abysmal as the m7.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
-Sess-
"...You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac and call yourself banana man, banana man, cause thats what you're doing..."

christiam.coronado
Old
Thanks Meter 6
will any of these phones support tri-band and are any of them close to a 6 inch screen
What I am working with
LG G Flex Sprint Variant LS995 --------------------------- Dell Studio XPS 13.3 Notebook
Rooted by the IOROOT method ---------------------------- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
BusyBox installed by Stericson ---------------------------- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
Bootloader still locked ----------------------------------------- P9600 @ 2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ 4.00GB RAM
No Custom Recovery available for this variant
Anyone who helps me out is always THANKED

SComp23
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Nope- I will never have a screen under 5.5 inches again.

All New HTC ONE MAX- if that comes out in a reasonable time period, perhaps.