Method# 2: The following is not a root method in the "traditional" sense, e.g. Saferoot, Kingo. This is a workaround to our inability to root KitKat 4.4.2. However the end result is a Fully Functioning 100% Stock, Rooted, NC1 Device. Proceed at Your Own Risk!
: The process below has been proven to work without exception when the instructions are followed to the letter. Should you run into trouble please consider re-reviewing the instructions to identify your error before requesting assistance. Thank you.
Here it is: I337UCUFNC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM
And here: I337UCUFNC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROMwBL
(This version contains the NC1 bootloader, MK2 bootloader users will not be able to go back to factory stock MK2 after flashing).
1. Place the I337UCUFNC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM
in the root of your ext sdcard.
*2. Download the I337_Downgrade_to_MK2
file, extract the .tar and flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+) to obtain semi-functioning(no-wifi) MK2.
3. Use your favorite root method to root MK2, e.g. Saferoot
, Kingo Root App
, then install the latest Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk
4. Boot into Safestrap recovery
, perform an "Advanced Wipe
" and wipe everything except ext sdcard.
5. Flash the ROM zip in the "Stock Slot
." Once complete press "Home
," then reboot into "Download Mode"
6. Flash the I337_NC1_Stock_Kernel
in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).
*MK2 users can skip Step# 2.
Once complete the phone will reboot and pause on the white AT&T splash screen for about 1-2 minutes before completely booting into the ROM. Done!
- It's recommended that you use Safestrap's Backup/Restore function to backup and restore User Data prior to and after flashing the ROM. Make sure and thank @loganfarrell
for discovering this very useful feature.
- In general, to flash a different 4.4.2 Safestrap Custom ROM after flashing this ROM reboot into Safestrap recovery, perform an advanced wipe, and wipe everything but ext sdcard. Then flash the new ROM in the "Stock Slot" and reboot (Refer to the other ROM's dedicated thread for any additional requirements or for assistance. Please limit the discussion in this thread to the 100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM and the KeepRoot OTA zip)
1. After flashing and booting into I337UCUFNC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM
2. Place the AddOn in ext sdcard.
3. Reboot into Safestrap recovery and flash the AddOn in Stock Slot (Do Not Wipe Prior to Flashing
4. Reboot. Done!