Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Lose no Sony exclusive feature after unlocked bootloader on 4.4??

OP KWOKSFUNG

23rd March 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 72

684 posts
More
It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4
23rd March 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 566

805 posts
More
camera quality issue is still present
The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).
The Following User Says Thank You to showlyshah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showlyshah

The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).

Oh holly crap
thanks for the info bro
sony still dont let us own the phone totally in unlocked BL!!
Do u think there're someway to hack it and take it back??
23rd March 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 566

805 posts
More
currently there is no other ways than re locking, but the overall quality can be increased by different mods( which obviously will be more better with lb), like tweaking jpg compressions, video bitrate changes, etc.. but wait.. the kk is just a week old now, devs are still working on kk mods and tweaks. hopefully we can see something soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to showlyshah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 233

1,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG

It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4

The bionz still works... It is hardware maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl...

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore gives you a set of opportunities though

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd March 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot

The bionz still works... It is hardware maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl...

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore gives you a set of opportunities though

thx bro but i cant tolerate grains
23rd March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 233

1,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG

thx bro but i cant tolerate grains

Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels

23rd March 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot

Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels

I am thinking about unlock mainly becoz the recovery on stock rooted 4.4 is buggy (cannot mount system)
24th March 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #9  
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
Exclamation Bug camera e and turn off smartphone Z1
hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.
24th March 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldarkcore

hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.

how did u install kitkat??
NUT pre-rooted version or stock through PCC or flashtool??

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread