Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lose no Sony exclusive feature after unlocked bootloader on 4.4??

Tip us?

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Default Lose no Sony exclusive feature after unlocked bootloader on 4.4??

It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4

showlyshah
Old
Thanks Meter 530
Default camera quality issue is still present

The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).
N3410>N1100>N1110>SE K800I>SE W850I>SE W715I>SE W995I>SE C905I>SATIO> HTC WILDFIRE> HTC HD7>HTC HD2> XPERIA Z> XPERIA Z1

PLEASE READ THIS B4 U ASK QUESTIONShttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18289016&postcount=1
The Following User Says Thank You to showlyshah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by showlyshah View Post
The quality of pics taken on same modes with lb and ub are different, more grainy pics from ub. but unlike old jb versions, it now clearly shows iso difference. eg:- iso 5000 for ub on superior auto low light mod with out flash, and the same for lb is 6400. Also there is difference in image sizes too.. ub pics are few hundred Kb's bigger than lb pics (which clearly is/may an indication of some missing processing??).
Oh holly crap
thanks for the info bro
sony still dont let us own the phone totally in unlocked BL!!
Do u think there're someway to hack it and take it back??

showlyshah
Old
Thanks Meter 530
currently there is no other ways than re locking, but the overall quality can be increased by different mods( which obviously will be more better with lb), like tweaking jpg compressions, video bitrate changes, etc.. but wait.. the kk is just a week old now, devs are still working on kk mods and tweaks. hopefully we can see something soon.
N3410>N1100>N1110>SE K800I>SE W850I>SE W715I>SE W995I>SE C905I>SATIO> HTC WILDFIRE> HTC HD7>HTC HD2> XPERIA Z> XPERIA Z1

PLEASE READ THIS B4 U ASK QUESTIONShttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18289016&postcount=1
The Following User Says Thank You to showlyshah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HellRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG View Post
It was claimed that X-reality still work after bootloader is unlocked on the .681 firmware
Anyone can have a check on Bionz?? (i'm lazy to do it myself)
maybe i'll unlock soon since u know, the recovery cannot mount system on stock rooted 4.4
The bionz still works... It is hardware maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl...

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore gives you a set of opportunities though

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
The bionz still works... It is hardware maybe as stated above there might be some difference in quality... To be honest I have quite a good camera with unlocked bl...

The algorithm should be better on kitkat so I look forward to install that when it becomes a little less bugged

Unlocked bl is not a big thing anymore gives you a set of opportunities though

thx bro but i cant tolerate grains

HellRoot
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWOKSFUNG View Post
thx bro but i cant tolerate grains
Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels

Sony Xperia Z1 Black (The beast ov Hell)

Rom: monX
Kernel: stock / doomkernel
SD: Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

Sony Xperia Z Black. (Minion of the beast)

Rom: eXistence
Kernel : DoomKernel.
SD : Sandisk UHS-1 32GB

My mods (from when i had an S4... no more )
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Stock camera No Sound
Samsung GS4 (i9505): Sony themed stock message app
Samsung GS4 (i9505): [MEA] Black statusbar

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRoot View Post
Both locked and unlocked has grains... But see if you can find some comparisons of locked and unlocked running kitkat with same settings... Or else just stay in the locked.. Especially if you don't actually need the custom kernels

I am thinking about unlock mainly becoz the recovery on stock rooted 4.4 is buggy (cannot mount system)

micheldarkcore
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Bug camera e and turn off smartphone Z1

hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.

KWOKSFUNG
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldarkcore View Post
hello, today I was taking some pictures I realized that the camera is not taking this more. when I click to take a picture, the icon is frozen and not appear to get out of camera options. grip on power and then open the home and the task manager to get out the camera. other applications are also not picking up camera. the option to turn off the smartphone also not getting this. use the C6903 and after installing Kikkat was so.
how did u install kitkat??
NUT pre-rooted version or stock through PCC or flashtool??