Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,083 Members 42,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rogers LG G2 D803 kitkat Update

Tip us?

oriveradel
Old
(Last edited by oriveradel; 25th March 2014 at 02:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Default Rogers LG G2 D803 kitkat Update

Mobilesyrup reporting March 25 KitKat release for LG G2

Update: as it is always the case All Canadian carriers might release update in a few hours.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/24/ro...ng-march-25th/

Enjoy!
Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oneplus One
Koodo Network
Furnace Kernel + Madhi Rom

Nexus 7 2013
Nexus 4
LG G2 D803
Nexus 5
MOTO G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oriveradel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BackDaws
Old
Thanks Meter 170
That's good news for people on Rogers 😃

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

ameenshake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriveradel View Post
Mobilesyrup reporting March 25 KitKat release for LG G2

Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I feel like an idiot now. Tired of waiting for KK, I flashed Mahdi like three days ago and got bootlooped, which took me a whole day to fix. Coming from Samsung phones, this phone had the first stock rom that I was comfortable using so I might go back but its almost 2 GB which is a tad bit too large for a phone with no expandable.

oriveradel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenshake View Post
I feel like an idiot now. Tired of waiting for KK, I flashed Mahdi like three days ago and got bootlooped, which took me a whole day to fix. Coming from Samsung phones, this phone had the first stock rom that I was comfortable using so I might go back but its almost 2 GB which is a tad bit too large for a phone with no expandable.
madhi is a great ROM, but you Must flash the PATCH for your device, before restarting.
Oneplus One
Koodo Network
Furnace Kernel + Madhi Rom

Nexus 7 2013
Nexus 4
LG G2 D803
Nexus 5
MOTO G

ameenshake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It looks and plays amazing but I miss some of the cosmetic stock features. I guess ill try stock and probably end up aosp. Do you think stock 4.4 will improve AOSP functionality over time, with the kitkat kernel and all?

TITANote2LTE
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
It looks and plays amazing but I miss some of the cosmetic stock features. I guess ill try stock and probably end up aosp. Do you think stock 4.4 will improve AOSP functionality over time, with the kitkat kernel and all?
Aosp is definitely tough to get off of. The fluidity of it, the size of the os itself and the overall professionalism it brings to the device is awesome, in comparison to the cartoon style lg has put on.

But I digress... Stability, camera, multimedia playback and most of all battery life on stock lg rom all outweigh what aosp gives me.

I came from a nexus 5, I'm quite content with stock but might pick up next gen nexus tab to tinker with (that's the tough part, I like flashing a lot haha)

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

ameenshake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANote2LTE View Post
Aosp is definitely tough to get off of. The fluidity of it, the size of the os itself and the overall professionalism it brings to the device is awesome, in comparison to the cartoon style lg has put on.

But I digress... Stability, camera, multimedia playback and most of all battery life on stock lg rom all outweigh what aosp gives me.

I came from a nexus 5, I'm quite content with stock but might pick up next gen nexus tab to tinker with (that's the tough part, I like flashing a lot haha)

Is it really true that you get bettter battery life on stock? If yes, then that's shocking. The main reason I went to AOSP on Samsung phone was to get better battery life, its hard to believe that its the opposite here.

TITANote2LTE
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Is it really true that you get bettter battery life on stock? If yes, then that's shocking. The main reason I went to AOSP on Samsung phone was to get better battery life, its hard to believe that its the opposite here.

For my device and my needs yes, I have got overall better battery life on stock, that's even compared to custom kernels and tweaking values. Then again a 3000mah battery should be giving better battery life then most. On average I can hit an hour screen on for every 10-12% of battery usage.

I mean common sense would kick in here, if I'm gaming it'll drop more, but standby time (WiFi & data on) is amazing. Not even using greenify anymore tbh

The Following User Says Thank You to TITANote2LTE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tobesedated
Old
Thanks Meter 387
I'm curious if like the HTC One, I'll have to have stock recovery in order to install the update or if it'll work with a custom recovery. Sigh life is so hard lmao

Idan73
Old
Thanks Meter 451
Here you go!

http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...803R20D_00.kdz

Sent from my LG-D803
"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever!!!"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Idan73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]