No registration required

Rogers LG G2 D803 kitkat Update

OP oriveradel

24th March 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160

822 posts
Mobilesyrup reporting March 25 KitKat release for LG G2

Update: as it is always the case All Canadian carriers might release update in a few hours.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/24/ro...ng-march-25th/

Enjoy!
Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by oriveradel; 25th March 2014 at 03:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oriveradel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 188

1,241 posts
More
That's good news for people on Rogers 😃

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriveradel

Mobilesyrup reporting March 25 KitKat release for LG G2

Sent from my g2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I feel like an idiot now. Tired of waiting for KK, I flashed Mahdi like three days ago and got bootlooped, which took me a whole day to fix. Coming from Samsung phones, this phone had the first stock rom that I was comfortable using so I might go back but its almost 2 GB which is a tad bit too large for a phone with no expandable.
24th March 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 160

822 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenshake

I feel like an idiot now. Tired of waiting for KK, I flashed Mahdi like three days ago and got bootlooped, which took me a whole day to fix. Coming from Samsung phones, this phone had the first stock rom that I was comfortable using so I might go back but its almost 2 GB which is a tad bit too large for a phone with no expandable.

madhi is a great ROM, but you Must flash the PATCH for your device, before restarting.
24th March 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #5  

48 posts
More
It looks and plays amazing but I miss some of the cosmetic stock features. I guess ill try stock and probably end up aosp. Do you think stock 4.4 will improve AOSP functionality over time, with the kitkat kernel and all?
24th March 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #6  
Quote:

It looks and plays amazing but I miss some of the cosmetic stock features. I guess ill try stock and probably end up aosp. Do you think stock 4.4 will improve AOSP functionality over time, with the kitkat kernel and all?

Aosp is definitely tough to get off of. The fluidity of it, the size of the os itself and the overall professionalism it brings to the device is awesome, in comparison to the cartoon style lg has put on.

But I digress... Stability, camera, multimedia playback and most of all battery life on stock lg rom all outweigh what aosp gives me.

I came from a nexus 5, I'm quite content with stock but might pick up next gen nexus tab to tinker with (that's the tough part, I like flashing a lot haha)

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
25th March 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #7  

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANote2LTE

Aosp is definitely tough to get off of. The fluidity of it, the size of the os itself and the overall professionalism it brings to the device is awesome, in comparison to the cartoon style lg has put on.

But I digress... Stability, camera, multimedia playback and most of all battery life on stock lg rom all outweigh what aosp gives me.

I came from a nexus 5, I'm quite content with stock but might pick up next gen nexus tab to tinker with (that's the tough part, I like flashing a lot haha)

Is it really true that you get bettter battery life on stock? If yes, then that's shocking. The main reason I went to AOSP on Samsung phone was to get better battery life, its hard to believe that its the opposite here.
25th March 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #8  
Quote:

Is it really true that you get bettter battery life on stock? If yes, then that's shocking. The main reason I went to AOSP on Samsung phone was to get better battery life, its hard to believe that its the opposite here.

For my device and my needs yes, I have got overall better battery life on stock, that's even compared to custom kernels and tweaking values. Then again a 3000mah battery should be giving better battery life then most. On average I can hit an hour screen on for every 10-12% of battery usage.

I mean common sense would kick in here, if I'm gaming it'll drop more, but standby time (WiFi & data on) is amazing. Not even using greenify anymore tbh

The Following User Says Thank You to TITANote2LTE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 412

884 posts
More
I'm curious if like the HTC One, I'll have to have stock recovery in order to install the update or if it'll work with a custom recovery. Sigh life is so hard lmao
25th March 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 471

2,027 posts
More
Here you go!

http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...803R20D_00.kdz

Sent from my LG-D803

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Idan73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread