Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

My LG G2 and their software

OP micksea173

24th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Seaham, County Durham
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
I just got a LG G2 last Thursday and I am enjoy using it, but downloading the PC Suite and their other software from the website is an absolute pain. I have an 80meg download fibre connecting and everything that I download is at lightening speed except when I got on LG's website and try and download their software and it is downloading at 3.4k a second that is 55k old modem speed.

At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, but it seems that there is a problem at LG's end as I have just downloaded a load of software itunes, BBC iplayer etc and they are installing and download normally fast.
24th March 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 15

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micksea173

I just got a LG G2 last Thursday and I am enjoy using it, but downloading the PC Suite and their other software from the website is an absolute pain. I have an 80meg download fibre connecting and everything that I download is at lightening speed except when I got on LG's website and try and download their software and it is downloading at 3.4k a second that is 55k old modem speed.

At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, but it seems that there is a problem at LG's end as I have just downloaded a load of software itunes, BBC iplayer etc and they are installing and download normally fast.

Yep. It gets even worse.
Once you've installed PC Suite, you'll notice the installation file wasn't the latest version. PC Suite will prompt you to update (Which you need to or you're restricted in functionality). The process will then take ages to look for updates, download them, and 9/10 times it'll say "update completed" not having updated at all. Or having corrupted the current installation. It's a real pain.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread