Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My LG G2 and their software

Tip us?

micksea173
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My LG G2 and their software

I just got a LG G2 last Thursday and I am enjoy using it, but downloading the PC Suite and their other software from the website is an absolute pain. I have an 80meg download fibre connecting and everything that I download is at lightening speed except when I got on LG's website and try and download their software and it is downloading at 3.4k a second that is 55k old modem speed.

At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, but it seems that there is a problem at LG's end as I have just downloaded a load of software itunes, BBC iplayer etc and they are installing and download normally fast.

joeyvanhummel
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by micksea173 View Post
I just got a LG G2 last Thursday and I am enjoy using it, but downloading the PC Suite and their other software from the website is an absolute pain. I have an 80meg download fibre connecting and everything that I download is at lightening speed except when I got on LG's website and try and download their software and it is downloading at 3.4k a second that is 55k old modem speed.

At first I thought it was a problem with my internet, but it seems that there is a problem at LG's end as I have just downloaded a load of software itunes, BBC iplayer etc and they are installing and download normally fast.
Yep. It gets even worse.
Once you've installed PC Suite, you'll notice the installation file wasn't the latest version. PC Suite will prompt you to update (Which you need to or you're restricted in functionality). The process will then take ages to look for updates, download them, and 9/10 times it'll say "update completed" not having updated at all. Or having corrupted the current installation. It's a real pain.
Embedded Systems Engineering student