Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone else getting a notification about a mobile dock update available?

Tip us?
 
zaelin
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default Anyone else getting a notification about a mobile dock update available?

As the topic says, I'm getting a mobile dock firmware update notification, long press on the notification says it comes from Asus Services, so it seems to me to be totally legit and nothing abnormal, but I'm hesitant to do it since I've never on any of my other transformers received such a notification before.

Anyone gotten this? Was it a good update?

Thanks
 
berndblb
Old
#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 788
Posts: 2,437
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
It's legit. I haven't seen any source code but it fixed the totally messed up battery stats for the dock for me....
 
zaelin
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
It's legit. I haven't seen any source code but it fixed the totally messed up battery stats for the dock for me....
oddly enough, the update always fails for me. not sure what to do about it.
 
berndblb
Old
#4  
berndblb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 788
Posts: 2,437
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelin View Post
oddly enough, the update always fails for me. not sure what to do about it.
Does your dock work fine otherwise? I had the same problem on my first dock (Oct 2013), but the update installed as soon as I connected the second dock (Nov 2013).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
 
zaelin
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Does your dock work fine otherwise? I had the same problem on my first dock (Oct 2013), but the update installed as soon as I connected the second dock (Nov 2013).

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
It has been working just fine, other then this. My replacement of my first dock which had the disconnect issue, was another from the same batch.

Not looking forward to RMA'ing it, if that's the answer.
 
zaelin
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelin View Post
It has been working just fine, other then this. My replacement of my first dock which had the disconnect issue, was another from the same batch.

Not looking forward to RMA'ing it, if that's the answer.
So I RMA'd it, as not long after this post the keyboard dock stopped charging, and the update wouldn't go through.

They sent it back to me, still broken. Called them back, I'm getting free shipping to them this time, and it will be "expedited" maybe, and this time, they are going to investigate if it is "unrepairable" ....

Why the hell does a company that can make such great products have to fail so damn hard? Asus is really not doing well with this tablet, and I strongly suspect they need to fire their entire service department.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes