SMS Bluetooth App

7th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Official AndroidFileHost Representative
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,203

1,083 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I found this app which looked really promising but unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Basically would let our Omates send/receive sms via our phones Bluetooth while using our existing phone number. Would be great to not have to rely on wireless or a sim card with a new number.

I was never able to get the Bluetooth to work as it never connected with phone. Im not sure if it is a issue with my phone or with my Omate.

If someone wants to try and see if it works that would be great. The program is $2.99 but you can just refund withing 15 min if it doesnt work like i did.

Heres a full description & link:

Tablet Talk is a tablet SMS texting app that lets you text from a tablet and even make voice calls, while your phone stays in your pocket! It works with all Android tablets, including Nexus, Galaxy, Note, and Kindle Fire tablets. Unlike other apps, Tablet Talk doesn't force you to use a new phone number... your friends, coworkers, and family can contact you with your existing Android phone number. In addition, Tablet Talk does not require an Internet connection, does not store your data, and does not eat your battery!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pdroid.tabtalk

Does anyone know of another app like this we could use?

Thanks
7th March 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,276

2,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
BT paring/tethering in that manner does not work on any of the x201s.

What works;
Phone > BT Pair/Tether > x201 w/ SIM > Data/Internet

What doesn't work;
x201 > BT Pair/Tether > Phone w/ SIM > Data/Internet
Last edited by Lokifish Marz; 7th March 2014 at 06:45 PM.
7th March 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Texas

1,083 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz

BT paring/tethering in that manner does not work on any of the x201s.

What works;
Phone > BT Pair/Tether > x201 w/ SIM > Data/Internet

What doesn't work;
x201 > BT Pair/Tether > Phone w/ SIM > Data/Internet

darn that stinks. hopefully one day lol

thanks Lokifish
8th March 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidFileHost

So I found this app which looked really promising but unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Basically would let our Omates send/receive sms via our phones Bluetooth while using our existing phone number. Would be great to not have to rely on wireless or a sim card with a new number.

I was never able to get the Bluetooth to work as it never connected with phone. Im not sure if it is a issue with my phone or with my Omate.

If someone wants to try and see if it works that would be great. The program is $2.99 but you can just refund withing 15 min if it doesnt work like i did.

Heres a full description & link:

Tablet Talk is a tablet SMS texting app that lets you text from a tablet and even make voice calls, while your phone stays in your pocket! It works with all Android tablets, including Nexus, Galaxy, Note, and Kindle Fire tablets. Unlike other apps, Tablet Talk doesn't force you to use a new phone number... your friends, coworkers, and family can contact you with your existing Android phone number. In addition, Tablet Talk does not require an Internet connection, does not store your data, and does not eat your battery!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pdroid.tabtalk

Does anyone know of another app like this we could use?

Thanks

I got this app to work. I figured I've blown more than $3 in my life of silly stuff. I've only tested it once, but it was fun to reject a call from my wrist.

First part:
Both devices are initially detected as a phone. You have to manually go in on the TrueSmart and switch it to "tablet". (Menu->Settings->Setup->Device Type)

Second part:
The bluetooth pairing screen is too big. (It was written for a tablet, no doubt.) If you installed "App Settings" module for Xposed, switching the DPI to 80 will get you past the pairing screen, after which you can put the DPI back to default.

Third part:
The app settings by default don't relay phone controls over to the tablet (watch) so you need to change the settings to make this happen. From the watch, Menu->Settings->Caller ID/Phone Calls.

Post back if you try and it works or doesn't.
jd
8th March 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #5  
Flag Texas

1,083 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdommer

I got this app to work. I figured I've blown more than $3 in my life of silly stuff. I've only tested it once, but it was fun to reject a call from my wrist.

First part:
Both devices are initially detected as a phone. You have to manually go in on the TrueSmart and switch it to "tablet". (Menu->Settings->Setup->Device Type)

Second part:
The bluetooth pairing screen is too big. (It was written for a tablet, no doubt.) If you installed "App Settings" module for Xposed, switching the DPI to 80 will get you past the pairing screen, after which you can put the DPI back to default.

Third part:
The app settings by default don't relay phone controls over to the tablet (watch) so you need to change the settings to make this happen. From the watch, Menu->Settings->Caller ID/Phone Calls.

Post back if you try and it works or doesn't.
jd

Awesomw trying it now. Do you have a link to the xposed app settings. The one i just tried didnt work when telling it to change the dpi

Thanks
8th March 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidFileHost

Awesomw trying it now. Do you have a link to the xposed app settings. The one i just tried didnt work when telling it to change the dpi

Thanks

I'm still battling this. The app works perfectly on wifi, but very unreliable on bluetooth. Unfortunately, my phone is an SGS3 running CM11 and the bluetooth there is only slightly more reliable than the bluetooth on the TrueSmart so I'm not sure where the problem lies. I haven't gone through the app maker's FAQ yet, and am hopeful I can make it work.

Anyhow, to answer your question:
If you installed Loki's patch, you should have an app called xposed installer. Make sure you have gone in the framework section and done install/update and the reboot required after.

Then go back into the xposed installer and into download. Down in that list somewhere you should find the App Settings module. Download that and install it.

Then go back and into the modules menu. Make sure you have a checkmark in the App Settings module and reboot again.

Now, you can go into app settings (should be a normal app - or you can navigate to it through xposed installer and modules then click on App Settings) and choose the Tablet Talk application and change its DPI to 80. Instead of switching it back to "0" of no override after, I've got it on 92 right now because that makes the dialer portion of the app usable for tablet talk. If you don't care, you may want to go back to default.

Good luck!
jd
9th March 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdommer

I'm still battling this. The app works perfectly on wifi, but very unreliable on bluetooth. Unfortunately, my phone is an SGS3 running CM11 and the bluetooth there is only slightly more reliable than the bluetooth on the TrueSmart so I'm not sure where the problem lies. I haven't gone through the app maker's FAQ yet, and am hopeful I can make it work.

Anyhow, to answer your question:
If you installed Loki's patch, you should have an app called xposed installer. Make sure you have gone in the framework section and done install/update and the reboot required after.

Then go back into the xposed installer and into download. Down in that list somewhere you should find the App Settings module. Download that and install it.

Then go back and into the modules menu. Make sure you have a checkmark in the App Settings module and reboot again.

Now, you can go into app settings (should be a normal app - or you can navigate to it through xposed installer and modules then click on App Settings) and choose the Tablet Talk application and change its DPI to 80. Instead of switching it back to "0" of no override after, I've got it on 92 right now because that makes the dialer portion of the app usable for tablet talk. If you don't care, you may want to go back to default.

Good luck!
jd

most likely its the ts. i own a moto x and have had nothing but issue maintaining a BT connection with the watch. the ts drops the bt connection after 30 secs
9th March 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhineymac

most likely its the ts. i own a moto x and have had nothing but issue maintaining a BT connection with the watch. the ts drops the bt connection after 30 secs

I am having the same issue with the BT on my OTS. It drops connection with my Moto X pretty fast.
10th March 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 77

399 posts
Same thing here - about a 30 second connection between the TrueSmart and my stock Nexus7 2013, then it drops.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th March 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Olympus Mons, Mars
Thanks Meter: 3,276

2,861 posts
Donate to Me
More
If the range is poor it's an antenna issue. Otherwise it's the firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, omate, sms, sync
Previous Thread Next Thread