Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with frequencys on phone

Tip us?

Califmike33
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help with frequencys on phone

Can somebody tell me the difference between Wcdma and Utms frequencies ?. Im moving to France and will be with Free mobile there, they send there signal on Utms 900 and 2100 mghz, so will a phone that says wcdma 900 2100 work ? im thinking of buying a Chinese android phone, I had a lg and have now sold it.

TheStigOnline
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califmike33 View Post
Can somebody tell me the difference between Wcdma and Utms frequencies ?. Im moving to France and will be with Free mobile there, they send there signal on Utms 900 and 2100 mghz, so will a phone that says wcdma 900 2100 work ? im thinking of buying a Chinese android phone, I had a lg and have now sold it.

You may get a faster result, asking the above question here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help

As this section is for the LG OG and not general Q&A

Hope this helps
LG Optimus G E975
Palm Pre

"Success calls five times a day everyday, but people are too busy to answer the call because they are too busy trying to be successful."

noamd
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califmike33 View Post
UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) it a WCDMA ( Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) implementation.
A chinese phone with 900/2100 WCDMA will work perfect for you.
LG OG 975 would also get you 2600 LTE that will boost your network speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to noamd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]