Ask a question

No registration required

Help with frequencys on phone

OP Califmike33

20th March 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Can somebody tell me the difference between Wcdma and Utms frequencies ?. Im moving to France and will be with Free mobile there, they send there signal on Utms 900 and 2100 mghz, so will a phone that says wcdma 900 2100 work ? im thinking of buying a Chinese android phone, I had a lg and have now sold it.
23rd March 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califmike33

Can somebody tell me the difference between Wcdma and Utms frequencies ?. Im moving to France and will be with Free mobile there, they send there signal on Utms 900 and 2100 mghz, so will a phone that says wcdma 900 2100 work ? im thinking of buying a Chinese android phone, I had a lg and have now sold it.

You may get a faster result, asking the above question here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/help

As this section is for the LG OG and not general Q&A

Hope this helps
24th March 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Califmike33

UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) it a WCDMA ( Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) implementation.
A chinese phone with 900/2100 WCDMA will work perfect for you.
LG OG 975 would also get you 2600 LTE that will boost your network speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to noamd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread