Poetic Slimline Case Review *NEW* *PICTURES*

23rd September 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 406

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is a review for the Poetic Slimline Case for our Nexus 7.

I've been using this case for a little over a month now, and thought I should fill you guys in. Until now, there are mostly only those hideous, ghetto leather cases that cover up the bezel of the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is such a beautiful device that we ought to show off all of it aspects. The case is thin, it adds minimal bulk and is still easy to hold in one hand. It IS a smartcover, meaning there's a little magnet in the flap that power's the screen on/off when you open or close it. And in the end what really matters is that the case really looks good on the Nexus 7. If you don't care about pictures then here is the rundown: smartcover, 2 viewing angles, durable, slim, and completely worth the $20 price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic

The Slimline by Poetic™ for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions. The magnetic cover protects your screen on the go and offer a sleep/wake function upon opening and closing. The Google Nexus 7 charging port, buttons, and speakers are exposed for easy access while being protected by the Slimline case. This shock-resistant case is made with environmentally friendly, high-quality, flexible PU and has easy snap on/snap off functions.

• The Slimline by Poetic™ for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
• The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
• The magnetic cover protects your screen on the go and offer a sleep/wake function upon opening and closing.
• The Google Nexus 7 charging port, buttons, and speakers are exposed for easy access while being protected by the Slimline case.
• This shock-resistant case is made with environmentally friendly, high-quality, flexible PU and has easy snap on/snap off functions.

Aesthetics and Features: (Pictures shown in order)
  • Microfiber interior lining (prevents the Nexus 7 from getting scratched, as well as keeping the screen free of major smudges).
  • Flap is secured shut by magnets on the outer edge (circled in red)
  • NOT Leather (it's made of PU which imitates the look of leather but feels much closer to what the back of the Nexus 7 feels like)
  • Recessed (not cut outs) buttons, this allows for much easier access to the vital buttons.
  • Cutouts for both mic's, headphone jack, microUSB port and Speakers (seen above)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Versatility: (Pictures shown in order)
  • The flap folds back completely (great for holding with one hand)

• 2 viewing angles (one suited for typing and the other more suited for viewing media

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Pricing and Additional Pictures:
Can be purchased directly from the manufacturer: Poetic - $39.95
Amazon - $19.95
Last edited by KiNG OMaR; 23rd September 2012 at 06:42 PM.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

47 posts
Thank you very much for this detailed review. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing this now.

Edit: I ordered the case from UK Amazon.
Last edited by Tonttunator; 28th September 2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Edit
23rd September 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 189

1,456 posts
More
I have a brand new spare one of these for sale to UK members for 12 delivered. I personally use one myself but just have a spare. PM me if you're interested.
23rd September 2012, 08:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 52

411 posts
More
God I want this. I don't like the case I have for mine at all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
23rd September 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element515

God I want this. I don't like the case I have for mine at all

take the plunge, for $20 it's completely worth it!
23rd September 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

36 posts
Where did you get that Android sticker from that you put on the case? That looks great!

23rd September 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 52

411 posts
More
I might, not sure yet if i want a case or just a sleeve.
24th September 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDblU

Where did you get that Android sticker from that you put on the case? That looks great!

It came up when I searched for android decal on Amazon.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

They come in a few more colors, but you'll have to look around for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 30

522 posts
More
any place that ships these too Canada?

Sent from my Nexus 7
24th September 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolook

any place that ships these too Canada?

Sent from my Nexus 7

+1 on this, I got a cheap "slim" ebay case for now, but the poetic one looks like the case I've been looking for a while now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread