Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SIXAXIS PS3 Controller w/ NESOID/SNESOID

OP the orange bandit

5th February 2013, 04:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 66

601 posts
More
Got my Nexus 7, rooted, and setup the Sixaxis app with my PS3 controller. It works great with epsxe, but when I try to use the controller with NESOID or SNESOID, I can't seem to figure out the mapping issue.

Is anyone successfully using a PS3 Sixaxis controller with their Nexus 7 and NESOID/SNESOID? I'd love to know how you got the keys mapped properly.
6th February 2013, 04:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

118 posts
Try using RetroArch, it's a whole bunch of emulators built into one. I don't have time to test out my controller right now, will probably do that tomorrow at lunch.
6th February 2013, 07:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 472

1,386 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the orange bandit

Got my Nexus 7, rooted, and setup the Sixaxis app with my PS3 controller. It works great with epsxe, but when I try to use the controller with NESOID or SNESOID, I can't seem to figure out the mapping issue.

Is anyone successfully using a PS3 Sixaxis controller with their Nexus 7 and NESOID/SNESOID? I'd love to know how you got the keys mapped properly.

Hit your settings button, Settings> Other Settings, and make sure under "User Settings" that "Use input method" is checked in the individual emulator (like NESoid).

Once it is you can map it under Input Settings> Key Mappings by just pressing the buttons. Make sure in the Sixaxis app you have hit the "Change IME" button and set it to the Sixaxis controller. It works perfectly for me on NESoid, SNESoid, and GENsoid across all my devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoMagus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 04:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 66

601 posts
More
Re: SIXAXIS PS3 Controller w/ NESOID/SNESOID
Thanks, that worked. What was throwing me off is that when you go to map the keys, it says <unknown> instead of the key. Still worked, though. Rocking.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2013, 11:52 PM   |  #5  
Flag Studio City
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
Thanks for the tip. I had set this fine once, but after data wiping I forgot how to set up again. Back to normal...
17th April 2013, 08:18 AM   |  #6  
Boise
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
More
ok im having a little trouble with six axis and some emulators here perhaps you guys can help me. ive been able to map most of them pretty well but i am having a hard time with gbcoid and snesoid not mapping my start and sometimes select buttons correctly. i can get everything else to work but when i press the two center ones nothing happens. I end up having to touch the screen to use these and that can be a hassle. Any suggestions on how to map it so i can get full function out of this controller?
12th July 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

85 posts
More
hi guys..

ps3 controller must be %100 orginal..? or can we use the fake\clone (compatible with ps3 game console) ps3 controller which cheaper than orginal..
Last edited by t-mobile_mda; 12th July 2014 at 10:16 AM.
13th July 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #8  
Flag Juneau, AK
Thanks Meter: 43

177 posts
More
This is the one I use, not official. Works like a charm.

Wireless Game Controller for Sony PlayStation 3 Rumble Feature PS3 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XWCX6Q...T1B8QM?ie=UTF8

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
17th July 2014, 11:30 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 6

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthepit

This is the one I use, not official. Works like a charm.

Wireless Game Controller for Sony PlayStation 3 Rumble Feature PS3 Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XWCX6Q...T1B8QM?ie=UTF8

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

is it working with extra receiver..? in my package includes ps3 game pad + extra receiver.. and only works with extra receiver.. not detecting usb cable over sixaxis..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140717_122627.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	2856187  
18th July 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #10  
Flag Juneau, AK
Thanks Meter: 43

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-mobile_mda

is it working with extra receiver..? in my package includes ps3 game pad + extra receiver.. and only works with extra receiver.. not detecting usb cable over sixaxis..

mine works via bluetooth just like a normal ps3 controller. no usb dongle. you have a different one than i

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
emulator, gaming, nesoid, sixaxis, snesoid
Previous Thread Next Thread