Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Slimline Case Review *NEW* *PICTURES*

Tip us?

KiNG OMaR
Old
(Last edited by KiNG OMaR; 23rd September 2012 at 06:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Default Poetic Slimline Case Review *NEW* *PICTURES*

This is a review for the Poetic Slimline Case for our Nexus 7.

I've been using this case for a little over a month now, and thought I should fill you guys in. Until now, there are mostly only those hideous, ghetto leather cases that cover up the bezel of the Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 is such a beautiful device that we ought to show off all of it aspects. The case is thin, it adds minimal bulk and is still easy to hold in one hand. It IS a smartcover, meaning there's a little magnet in the flap that power's the screen on/off when you open or close it. And in the end what really matters is that the case really looks good on the Nexus 7. If you don't care about pictures then here is the rundown: smartcover, 2 viewing angles, durable, slim, and completely worth the $20 price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic
The Slimline by Poetic™ for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions. The magnetic cover protects your screen on the go and offer a sleep/wake function upon opening and closing. The Google Nexus 7 charging port, buttons, and speakers are exposed for easy access while being protected by the Slimline case. This shock-resistant case is made with environmentally friendly, high-quality, flexible PU and has easy snap on/snap off functions.

• The Slimline by Poetic™ for the Google Nexus 7 offers a sturdy folder design providing protection to the screen and the back of the device. The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
• The microfiber interior lining offers scratch and dust protection as well as anti-slip protection when rolling back the cover in multiple view positions.
• The magnetic cover protects your screen on the go and offer a sleep/wake function upon opening and closing.
• The Google Nexus 7 charging port, buttons, and speakers are exposed for easy access while being protected by the Slimline case.
• This shock-resistant case is made with environmentally friendly, high-quality, flexible PU and has easy snap on/snap off functions.

Aesthetics and Features: (Pictures shown in order)
  • Microfiber interior lining (prevents the Nexus 7 from getting scratched, as well as keeping the screen free of major smudges).
  • Flap is secured shut by magnets on the outer edge (circled in red)
  • NOT Leather (it's made of PU which imitates the look of leather but feels much closer to what the back of the Nexus 7 feels like)
  • Recessed (not cut outs) buttons, this allows for much easier access to the vital buttons.
  • Cutouts for both mic's, headphone jack, microUSB port and Speakers (seen above)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Versatility: (Pictures shown in order)
  • The flap folds back completely (great for holding with one hand)

• 2 viewing angles (one suited for typing and the other more suited for viewing media

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Pricing and Additional Pictures:
Can be purchased directly from the manufacturer: Poetic - $39.95
Amazon - $19.95
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tonttunator
Old
(Last edited by Tonttunator; 28th September 2012 at 06:46 PM.) Reason: Edit
Thanks Meter 12
Thank you very much for this detailed review. I'm seriously contemplating purchasing this now.

Edit: I ordered the case from UK Amazon.

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I have a brand new spare one of these for sale to UK members for 12 delivered. I personally use one myself but just have a spare. PM me if you're interested.
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)

Element515
Old
Thanks Meter 52
God I want this. I don't like the case I have for mine at all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

KiNG OMaR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element515 View Post
God I want this. I don't like the case I have for mine at all

take the plunge, for $20 it's completely worth it!
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7

eNdblu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Where did you get that Android sticker from that you put on the case? That looks great!

Element515
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I might, not sure yet if i want a case or just a sleeve.

KiNG OMaR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 391

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDblU View Post
Where did you get that Android sticker from that you put on the case? That looks great!

It came up when I searched for android decal on Amazon.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o04_s00_i00

They come in a few more colors, but you'll have to look around for them.
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nolook
Old
Thanks Meter 29
any place that ships these too Canada?

Sent from my Nexus 7

andreq85
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolook View Post
any place that ships these too Canada?

Sent from my Nexus 7
+1 on this, I got a cheap "slim" ebay case for now, but the poetic one looks like the case I've been looking for a while now.