Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Get 48 GB Free promotional Dropbox space

Tip us?

smnfriend
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [GUIDE] Get 48 GB Free promotional Dropbox space

I saw a post in this thread about getting the promotional space on AT&T S4 without flashing TMobile roms. I gave it a try, and it worked just fine. So I thought of sharing the files with you. I pulled them out of a deodexed TMobile rom.

Download the attached file. You need to push Dropbox.apk and DropboxOOBE.apk into system/app and fix permission. Then you need to push com.dropboxpartner into system/framework and again fix permission.

Then, you need to modify the build.prop using a root explorer. Find the following lines and modify them as follow:

ro.product.model=SGH-M919
ro.product.name=jfltetmo
ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Reboot your device, open the Dropbox app, and log in with your existing account, or create a new account. You will receive an email, and after fulfilling 5 of the 7 tasks, you will receive the 48 GB promotional space. After fulfilling the tasks, you can restore your build.prop to its original state.

Attached Files:
http://d-h.st/fZJ
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to smnfriend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aou
Old
(Last edited by Aou; 17th June 2013 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 445

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smnfriend View Post
I saw a post in this thread about getting the promotional space on AT&T S4 without flashing TMobile roms. I gave it a try, and it worked just fine. So I thought of sharing the files with you. I pulled them out of a deodexed TMobile rom.

Download the attached file. You need to push Dropbox.apk and DropboxOOBE.apk into system/app and fix permission. Then you need to push com.dropboxpartner into system/framework and again fix permission.

Then, you need to modify the build.prop using a root explorer. Find the following lines and modify them as follow:

ro.product.model=SGH-M919
ro.product.name=jfltetmo
ro.product.device=jfltetmo

Reboot your device, open the Dropbox app, and log in with your existing account, or create a new account. You will receive an email, and after fulfilling 5 of the 7 tasks, you will receive the 48 GB promotional space. After fulfilling the tasks, you can restore your build.prop to its original state.

Attached Files:
http://d-h.st/fZJ
Worked great for me, thanks! I already had 12GB and had completed the 5 Getting Started steps long ago. When I signed into the DropBox app and got it setup, I suddenly had 60GB for 24months and an email from DropBox.

Here's the instructions I followed:
  • Cleared cache of, cleared data of, and uninstalled the DropBox app I already had.
  • Reminder: backup your build.prop
  • I ended up using this build.prop Editor. When you open it, use the menu key to make a backup before touching anything. Then scroll through and make the changes prescribed in the OP.
  • Downloaded the file attached in OP.
  • Extracted files using my computer to my internal sdcard. Possible to do this with apps on your phone (various file explorers or unzip programs), but I found it easier to just do it over USB/MTP.
  • Fired up ADB Shell - could also use a terminal emulator from the device, but do not use the "stop" command below if you are using an emulator on the device.
  • Performed the following commands (after running "adb shell" from a command line on the computer):
    Code:
    $ su
    # mount -o rw,remount /system
    # stop
    # cp /sdcard/Dropbox.apk /system/app
    # cp /sdcard/DropboxOOBE.apk /system/app
    # cp /sdcard/com.dropboxpartner.jar /system/framework
    # reboot recovery
  • Device rebooted into TWRP, where I used the Advanced menu to Fix Permissions.
  • Rebooted back into the System like normal.
  • Opened the DropBox app and signed in. Setup the camera sync again of course (awesome feature).
  • Checked my mail - Woot.
  • Used the build.prop editor to restore my build.prop
  • Closed the build.prop editor and re-opened. For some reason after restoring the backup, the restored changes were not reflected until I restarted the editor. Whatever, but it worked.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Aou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SuntoryTime
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Worked for me:thumbup: Thanks! Now what to do after the two year promo period ends...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Christopher3712
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
I'm already up to 50GB on doing something like this before. I'm not sure if it'll work again but I'll give it a whirl sometime today. Will report back if I find myself up to 98GB.
SM-G900T (16GB) on AT&T + 64GB SanDisk SDXC

Jragyn
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Thumbs up Perfectly working.

Followed general instructions (used FX root explorer instead of Android Terminal for dropping apks in designated locations) and this worked just fine without a hitch. I appreciate the straightforward and simple instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jragyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murrowxda
Old
Thanks Meter 0
All I did was flash Wicked (T-Mobile ROM) then KTOONSEZ touchjizz kernel. After getting my free dropbox space, I flashed back.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda premium

Slade8525
Old
Thanks Meter 120
lol same here with GOLD3N3Y3 rom; any non-ATT rom works if you DL and activate it. i have my own server so im letting everyone in my family use it for our stuff.
'01 Nokia 5165 - '02 Sony Ericsson T61
'03 Nokia 1110 - '04 Nokia 3200
'04 Sony s710a - '06 ATT 8525/HTC Hermes
'07 ATT Tilt/HTC Kaiser - '09 iPhone 3G
'11 Motorola Atrix - '12 Samsung Galaxy S III
'13 Samsung Galaxy S IV

ATTN: AT&T UPDATE UCUMF3 KILLS ROOT, ODIN, AND CUSTOM RECOVERY/ROMS

xrabbitfootx
Old
(Last edited by xrabbitfootx; 17th June 2013 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade8525 View Post
lol same here with GOLD3N3Y3 rom; any non-ATT rom works if you DL and activate it. i have my own server so im letting everyone in my family use it for our stuff.
i can confirm that this works on vzw.

aw091486
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks, worked great on my VZW S4.

Cinosinu
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aou View Post
Worked great for me, thanks! I already had 12GB and had completed the 5 Getting Started steps long ago. When I signed into the DropBox app and got it setup, I suddenly had 60GB for 24months and an email from DropBox.

Here's the instructions I followed:
  • Cleared cache of, cleared data of, and uninstalled the DropBox app I already had.
  • Reminder: backup your build.prop
  • I ended up using this build.prop Editor. When you open it, use the menu key to make a backup before touching anything. Then scroll through and make the changes prescribed in the OP.
  • Downloaded the file attached in OP.
  • Extracted files using my computer to my internal sdcard. Possible to do this with apps on your phone (various file explorers or unzip programs), but I found it easier to just do it over USB/MTP.
  • Fired up ADB Shell - could also use a terminal emulator from the device...
  • Performed the following commands:
    Code:
    $ su
    # mount -o rw,remount /system
    # stop
    # cp /sdcard/Dropbox.apk /system/app
    # cp /sdcard/DropboxOOBE.apk /system/app
    # cp /sdcard/com.dropboxpartner.jar /system/framework
    # reboot recovery
  • Device rebooted into TWRP, where I used the Advanced menu to Fix Permissions.
  • Rebooted back into the System like normal.
  • Opened the DropBox app and signed in. Setup the camera sync again of course (awesome feature).
  • Checked my mail - Woot.
  • Used the build.prop editor to restore my build.prop
  • Closed the build.prop editor and re-opened. For some reason after restoring the backup, the restored changes were not reflected until I restarted the editor. Whatever, but it worked.

Using terminal emulator, after using #stop, device screen goes black... what do I do, just wait?