FORUMS

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

can I still use the dock when the battery is empty?

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By eriol33, Junior Member on 3rd April 2014, 04:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
thread. just wondering, can I still use it if the dock battery is empty (when it's attached to the tablet)?
Last edited by eriol33; 3rd April 2014 at 04:28 AM.

3rd April 2014, 09:24 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriol33

thread. just wondering, can I still use it if the dock battery is empty (when it's attached to the tablet)?

Yes, you can.
3rd April 2014, 02:09 PM |#3  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 837

Donate to Me
More
Yes but bear in mind, if the battery drops to 0%, you might struggle to get it to charge again
3rd April 2014, 10:32 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
noted. thanks for the hints. I always bring charger with me. I wish I could control the charge when using the dock. for example, let the dock charges when the tablet's battery is near 10% or some sort. oh well.
3rd April 2014, 10:44 PM |#5  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 837

Donate to Me
More
Yea the tablet always takes priority when charging via the dock, the way it is designed is to make sure the tablet always has the most charge under all circumstances - so when using it docked and on battery, the dock will drain first - when docked and charging from the wall, the tablet charges first / fastest

The way I use mine is I charge them both up full and use it docked until the dock battery is low - then I undock and charge the dock on its own while I use the tablet battery - the dock generally always reaches full charge before the tablet battery runs out, then I can dock again and keep using them both on battery again - that way I get the longest possible use from the tablet before having to charge them both back up from the wall
The Following User Says Thank You to *Detection* For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 08:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
it's also worth mentioning keeping the tablet docked will run both devices down. It's hardware-related, so best to leave them undocked until you run the tablet to 10% or so. Best results I've discovered.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread